Cascades Status

DCI isn't going to judge an organization based on what is said on an internet forum by someone affiliated with an organization. Nothing he said would be taken in a negative manner anyway. He gave honest criticism that I'm sure DCI would love to have. I don't understand what was "dirty laundry"

I agee!what was "dirty laundry? I really hope they get approved!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You call that "Dirty Laundry"?!?! I only read an honest representation of what was going on with them and DCI right now. I reread it after you called it "Dirty Laundry" and upon second reading I can honestly say (IMO) that his post in no way is an airing of dirty laundry. WOW! LOL :thumbs-up:

From the perspective of a Board Member and Chairman (head volunteer), here's a brief overview.

(respectful snip, I just wanted to reference the post, and your other post after this one)

Mike Bujnowski, Chairman

Northwest Youth Music Association

NYMA Volunteer '03-present

Cascades '72-'78

Thank you for your wonderful honestly and directness. It helps fans like me who don't have direct connections to corps better understand how things work in DCI land.

Keep up the good work, and I hope your corps achieves great things this year. With the obvious leadership abilities you have, I think they will.

You just made me a Cascades fan. :)

I hope they go world class because I want to see them at Mufreesboro and the Georgia Dome. Here's Prayin' :thumbs-up:

Here’s the update after this past Saturday’s (1/17) Cascades' regional brass-only audition in Seattle.

Eight more brass players were added to the Cascades’ invitation list. This brings the total of auditioned players with invitations to 52. There 10+ new candidates so far registered to audition at this next weekend’s camp and final audition (1/23-25). It looks pretty certain our goals will be met for the the targeted 49-member brass-line.

Since insufficient brass was the reason for cancelling the Cascades in 2008 tour, the brass membership was our greatest concern and the stated concern of DCI for the 2009 season. With membership candidates above the required brass-line target, 2009 is solidly on track.

For you numbers-types out there, here’s the back-office view of filling out a membership. We figure if there are about 60 qualified brass players from auditions, we are likely to see at least 50 of those make their first tuition/tour payment. During the course of spring, we are expect we’ll need additional 5+ brass players to replace the inevitable drops, plus the Cascades would like to take a couple brass member/alternates on tour to fill in for illnesses and injuries during tour. So, if you or someone you know misses the normal audition-process, check the Cascades website for late openings.

Next weekend is the DCI meeting in which the entire DCI membership will vote to give its final OK for the Cascades to compete in 2009. Because Sal Leone, Executive Director, will be overseeing the Cascades’ full brass and percussion camp in Yakima on 1/22-1/25, I will be filling in as the Cascades’ representative at that DCI meeting. I will report back after that meeting, and give a report on the Cascades camp.

From my personal perspective, my worries about whether the Cascades will field a World Class corps for 2009 are behind. Energies can now be spent on upgrading vehicles and achieving the broader objectives of the long-term health and stability of Northwest drum corps.

Mike