Best corps for a rookie to join

What are some of the best World Class Corps for a rookie to join

I know Pioneer is a great place to go what are some other corps you would suggest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offense, even though i know this is going to sound offensive, but thats an ignorant question. The best corps for anyone is whichever corps theyre ready for. i HATE this idea people have of feeder corps. thats why drum corps is "dying," because no one has any loyalty.

edit: i cant believe i typed NO instead of KNOW... that was definitely an example of me being a screw and not a nail

Edited by BoxVsop

What are some of the best World Class Corps for a rookie to join

I know Pioneer is a great place to go what are some other corps you would suggest

Fail.

no offense, even though i no this is going to sound offensive, but thats an ignorant question. The best corps for anyone is whichever corps theyre ready for. i HATE this idea people have of feeder corps. thats why drum corps is "dying," because no one has any loyalty.

This.

no offense, even though i no this is going to sound offensive, but thats an ignorant question. The best corps for anyone is whichever corps theyre ready for. i HATE this idea people have of feeder corps. ...no one has any loyalty.

Agreed. Its always bothered me when corps have such a large number of members who leave to go to a "better" corps. I understand that some people leave for reasons such as issues with staff or things like that, and every corps will have that, but when you have such a large number (sometimes as much as 50% of a corps rookies) of people leaving the corps for another one just because they want to be "guaranteed" a spot in finals is disturbing. The reason we see the same corps always in the same general area in the final standings is partially because those lower corps have to keep getting new members and re-teaching them everything year in and year out. Never underestimate how much power a large number of DEDICATED and LOYAL 2-3 year vets can have on a corps, pushing the new members, helping set the standard higher and higher, pushing each other and themselves. If more corps had more loyalty then maybe we'd see a lot more shake-up in the rankings from year to year. I would like to see a lot more unpredictability, because honestly, its kind of boring knowing that the same 4-5 corps will place in the same grouping every year.

Ok, enough of my ranting...

every corps has 1st year rookies... some it may be tougher to be a rookie in, but if your ready for it, do it.

People can choose to march wherever you want... respect someone who marches pioneer to move on to somewhere else who places higher.. it is what they want to do. There are so many different reasons to leave a corps... placement, competition, staff, money, travel, corps mates, and more. If someone wants to compete for a championship, and they make that corps, than that is their own right, and I respect them for doing it.

I think this is the 3rd time I've said it in about a month...

JUST

GO

MARCH!

there is no such thing as a corps that is "good for rookies". you are either a member or not one.

INT!