wgi hall of fame!

dugg

who would you nominate for this years wgi hall of fame and why?

i would like to see wes cartwright nominated for his wonderful contributions through the standard setting union high school and also recognize robin shaw who was highly instrumental in creating the high school class and also known for his memorable shows by the award winning center grove h.s. winter guard as well as the irreverent and oftimes cringeworthy city slickers. :tongue:

Edited by dugg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd nominate Michael Lentz, for his unwavering committment to outstanding shows - both on the scholastic and independent level. The units in the O Foundation have a long and well rounded history of excellence giving us some of the most memorable shows in WGI.

I'd also nominate Michael Shapiro - for his amazing willingness to take risk(s) and produce some incredible feats of equipment work.

Also, April Gilligan (might be more appropriate in the DCI realm as I'm thinking mostly of her contributions via the Cadets during the 1990s).

:tongue: I also would like to see Robin Shaw's name added to this list because of his many accomplishments in the realm of color guard. He is truely a master in design and in the use of color in this artform of color guard. He was also very instrumental in the Center Grove band progragm for many years as well as other Indiana schools. Mr. Shaw's productions with the "City Slickers" were milestones in color guard...audience pleasing and most memorable shows.

:tongue: I also would like to see Robin Shaw's name added to this list because of his many accomplishments in the realm of color guard. He is truely a master in design and in the use of color in this artform of color guard. He was also very instrumental in the Center Grove band progragm for many years as well as other Indiana schools. Mr. Shaw's productions with the "City Slickers" were milestones in color guard...audience pleasing and most memorable shows.

Could not agree more..It's Robin turn to be inducted.

A few names come to mind.

George Zingali

Dale Powers

Tommy Keenum

great nominations everybody! :thumbup:

Amen and amen to Robin Shaw.