Inaugral parade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching the parade. Glad to see two great drum and bugle corps of this nation marching down historic Penn. Ave. I was excited to see both corps and especially The Cadets because of a friend I know marching. I was surprised that the Colts didn't beef up their musical selection. It looked great on TV but sounded just okay...maybe it was the News Coverage. I was watching Fox News 5 for NYC because it was the only one at the time still covering the parade. I thought The Cadets played very well (as they always do). Percussion sounded very tasty and the news seemed to cover the corps quite well unlike some other groups in the parade. Congrats to all participants and to President Obama! This is indeed a historic day.

you would be mistaken. The Racine Scouts have performed in every season since their inception in like 1924 or something like that. It's in the link.

Racine Scouts...drum corps oldest continually active corps. PERIOD. Everything else is false advertising.

Sorry Tom, I'm, siding with Governaires until you can show proof.

http://www.govenaires.org/

not parade related, but why does the supreme justice ask so help you god? didnt george washington say it voluntarily and unexpectedly? then people repeated it because washington did it?

I THINK THEY BOTH STARTED IN 1927. ACTUALLY IF YOU USED THE CRITERIA THE GOVERNORS USED OF TRACING THEIR BEGINING THROUGH FOUR DIFERENT DRUM CORPS . THE RACINE SCOUTS WOULD BE OLDER BECAUSE THEY STARTED AS A CONSOLIDATION OF ALL THE BOYSCOUT DRUM CORPS IN RACINE(AT LEAST 5) . I THINK THE BOYSCOUT TROUP DC FROM. ST ROSE WAS IN EXISTANCE SINCE 1922

not parade related, but why does the supreme justice ask so help you god? didnt george washington say it voluntarily and unexpectedly? then people repeated it because washington did it?

Correct. To the response a few pages back about what the Cadets were playing, they were playing a medley of mainstream patriotic songs such as Yankee Doodle, America, etc.