Lake Erie Thunder Camp #2

Hornline has the second 2/3 of the book......................nice sounds coming out, Kenny, Jake, Steve, and Chris got a lot done yesterday with their sections..................Gina started everyone on the Marching and Movement basics..........The opener (On the Waterfront) will be available to members in the coming days...............we could use some lower brass players........................and, like everyone, we are accepting members for all sections!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hornline has the second 2/3 of the book......................nice sounds coming out, Kenny, Jake, Steve, and Chris got a lot done yesterday with their sections..................Gina started everyone on the Marching and Movement basics..........The opener (On the Waterfront) will be available to members in the coming days...............we could use some lower brass players........................and, like everyone, we are accepting members for all sections!

Had a chance to stop by and I gotta tell ya....they got it goin' on! The sops and mellis were really coming together and, though short handed, the low brass section was workin' it! Even though they were obviously fatigued, the last time through the closer was by far the best. Ken gets more and more notes out of these guys every time they play. I was kinda itchin' to play, but Shelly made me leave my horn at home!(j/k honey!)

It will be exciting to watch this corps grow and improve, and the finished product will indeed be something to see!

Had a chance to stop by and I gotta tell ya....they got it goin' on! The sops and mellis were really coming together and, though short handed, the low brass section was workin' it! Even though they were obviously fatigued, the last time through the closer was by far the best. Ken gets more and more notes out of these guys every time they play. I was kinda itchin' to play, but Shelly made me leave my horn at home!(j/k honey!)

It will be exciting to watch this corps grow and improve, and the finished product will indeed be something to see!

t/y Tom for your uplifting review. Yesterday was a far-cry from what I'm used to in the THUNDERBIRDS. Been about 5 years for me since I've played that hard. Now I realize that I have to practice everyday at home. That means I'm gonna be on DCP everyday as well. I have to practice upstairs 'cause my wife says I play too loud. The 'puter lives upstairs so I may-as-well check out DCP while I'm memorizing. Jim Morrison stopped by yesterday. He said: "The Blue Bus is calling us." If you're a DOORS fan, like I am, you know what I'm sayin'. Jim left us RIDERS ON THE STORM. Quite an arrangement........that's all I have to say about that. The Lead Sop part is quite demanding as well. Yesterday was encouraging. We had our "moments." Alot of talented staff and players in our new Corps from Erie. I'm diggin' the THUNDER. THUNDERBIRD rehearsal next week. I'm doin' both.

I am Nick

I just like to write.

t/y Tom for your uplifting review. Yesterday was a far-cry from what I'm used to in the THUNDERBIRDS. Been about 5 years for me since I've played that hard. Now I realize that I have to practice everyday at home. That means I'm gonna be on DCP everyday as well. I have to practice upstairs 'cause my wife says I play too loud. The 'puter lives upstairs so I may-as-well check out DCP while I'm memorizing. Jim Morrison stopped by yesterday. He said: "The Blue Bus is calling us." If you're a DOORS fan, like I am, you know what I'm sayin'. Jim left us RIDERS ON THE STORM. Quite an arrangement........that's all I have to say about that. The Lead Sop part is quite demanding as well. Yesterday was encouraging. We had our "moments." Alot of talented staff and players in our new Corps from Erie. I'm diggin' the THUNDER. THUNDERBIRD rehearsal next week. I'm doin' both.

I am Nick

I just like to write.

Practicing again. Takin' a break. Just ran through measures 50-70 in Module 2. Did that about 4 times. Now I have to rest for a while and then get back at it. Ya see, that's how I memorize......I "chunk" over and over again. Measures 14-24 are a piece of cake. Those measures are pretty easy and all ready memorized. It starts getting tricky at measure 50. I'm gettin' it though. Measure 70 - the end is filled with upper-register stuff, so I gotta keep at it. I'm happy that there's this thing called DCP. I can say what's on my mind and not feel that I'm talking to myself. I know at least 1 person will read what I write. That's all that matters. "What's Nick sayin' now?"

I am Nick

I still don't smoke................

What does VIBRATO mean?

Not sure of the meaning.........................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

............................................................................howev

er...............................................................................

........................my wife keeps hers in the drawer beside the bed. :thumbup:

Not sure of the meaning.........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

............................................................................howe

v

er..............................................................................

........................my wife keeps hers in the drawer beside the bed. :thumbup:

:w00t:

............................................................................howe

v

er..............................................................................

It means you are slowly being replaced, Rabbit - Duh!

It'll be great seeing Erie back on the competition field again, guys - best of luck. But I'll still think of "Erie" in terms of my early 80s frame of reference. good times.

Practicing again. Takin' a break. Just ran through measures 50-70 in Module 2. Did that about 4 times. Now I have to rest for a while and then get back at it. Ya see, that's how I memorize......I "chunk" over and over again. Measures 14-24 are a piece of cake. Those measures are pretty easy and all ready memorized. It starts getting tricky at measure 50. I'm gettin' it though. Measure 70 - the end is filled with upper-register stuff, so I gotta keep at it. I'm happy that there's this thing called DCP. I can say what's on my mind and not feel that I'm talking to myself. I know at least 1 person will read what I write. That's all that matters. "What's Nick sayin' now?"

I am Nick

Yeah, I've been working on it myself.. taking a break to let the chops rest. I dont want to be the only lead sop who doesnt have his music memorized. 50-70 is just the length of note, and the end is just endurance.

I am Nick

Now you KNOW that's what I'm saying,....What's Nick sayin now?

As well as,...Did I just hear a Baby Seal? :thumbup:

You can put me in the "What's Nick sayin?" category.

GO NICK!