Lake Erie Thunder Camp #2

Yeah, I've been working on it myself.. taking a break to let the chops rest. I dont want to be the only lead sop who doesnt have his music memorized. 50-70 is just the length of note, and the end is just endurance.

Still playin' everyday. Still tryin' to find some lip. Still playin' with VIBRATO. Still strange. Still not smoking. Still tryin' to memorize. Still doin' what I gotta do. Still like writin'. Did I say still strange?? Did I also mention that I am who I am? I am Nick. I play Lead Sop. Still tryin' to keep this thread on the 1st page. After all of this, chicks dig Nick...........................

.........................and there ya have it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still playin' everyday. Still tryin' to find some lip. Still playin' with VIBRATO. Still strange. Still not smoking. Still tryin' to memorize. Still doin' what I gotta do. Still like writin'. Did I say still strange?? Did I also mention that I am who I am? I am Nick. I play Lead Sop. Still tryin' to keep this thread on the 1st page. After all of this, chicks dig Nick...........................

.........................and there ya have it.

Really stretchin' to keep this on page 1 Nick. You runnin'out of things to say??? Say it ain't so!!!!

Really stretchin' to keep this on page 1 Nick. You runnin'out of things to say??? Say it ain't so!!!!

Anyone who knows Nick, knows, that I ALWAYS have something to say. It may not make sense, it may make you scratch your head and say: "WTF?" But, at least, I will always have something to say. I am not boring. Not very much awkward silence with Nick around. Can I get a witness? I'm just tryin' to memorize music. Again, I'm tryin' to get some chops back because measures 50 to the end of Mod #2 ain't no joke. Especially, 78 - the end. I'd like to have a word with the arranger. You know what though? I'll get it. SCHUBE will get it. Our Lead Sop Line will get it. I've been playin' hard. I won't be denied. I'm taking it personally. Have THUNDERBIRD rehearsal tomorrow. Jeff will notice that I have been practicing. He may even give me another solo. I only want one. I'm not greedy. Is this enough new crap to say? I have more. I will ALWAYS have more to say. Tommy, U know me. You are one of the very few who can shut me up. Even you have difficulty in doing so..................Let it be known that Nick talks too much.....I'm OK with that. People read my chit........'cause they know....Do I have to repeat myself?

I'm Nick

Just B.S.'n on DCP

Anyone who knows Nick, knows, that I ALWAYS have something to say. It may not make sense, it may make you scratch your head and say: "WTF?" But, at least, I will always have something to say. I am not boring. Not very much awkward silence with Nick around. Can I get a witness? I'm just tryin' to memorize music. Again, I'm tryin' to get some chops back because measures 50 to the end of Mod #2 ain't no joke. Especially, 78 - the end. I'd like to have a word with the arranger. You know what though? I'll get it. SCHUBE will get it. Our Lead Sop Line will get it. I've been playin' hard. I won't be denied. I'm taking it personally. Have THUNDERBIRD rehearsal tomorrow. Jeff will notice that I have been practicing. He may even give me another solo. I only want one. I'm not greedy. Is this enough new crap to say? I have more. I will ALWAYS have more to say. Tommy, U know me. You are one of the very few who can shut me up. Even you have difficulty in doing so..................Let it be known that Nick talks too much.....I'm OK with that. People read my chit........'cause they know....Do I have to repeat myself?

I'm Nick

Just B.S.'n on DCP

All I got to say is this,......(raises hand to the backhand-slap position)...eh? :thumbup: ........or Eh?! :shutup:

All I got to say is this,......(raises hand to the backhand-slap position)...eh? :blink: ........or Eh?! :wacko:

All I have to say is this: I pretty much have Mod #2 & 3 memorized. Just a matter of hearing the whole ensemble play so I know where to come in. At THUNDERBIRD rehearsal yesterday, during a break, SPAM and I ran through what music the THUNDER has been given to us, and we BOTH did it w/o music. I was impressed. SPAM has been practicing. Yinz should have heard what kind of range he has. He was playing higher notes than I was. However, we all know that range isn't everything. He sounded good.....just to let y'all know. I sounded like crap though. I had to run rehearsal because Jeff was ill. You'll have that. So, I was playing with one hand and directing with the other. I don't like to run rehearsal, but, when Jeff is not available, I take over. Someone's gotta do it. We got some work done.

I'm writing just to remind ya that, whenever I am practicing, during breaks I goto DCP. It's here, it lets me write. People read what I write......so I write. Is this all TMI? If no one read my stuff, I wouldn't write. I can see though that people read my stuff..........So I write. Is it really all that boring? Do I just go on and on and on? Maybe. Am I the most hated guy on DCP? Maybe. I don't mean to be. I just get bored. So I write. People read..... so I write. In fact you are reading right now. Do you say: "Who is this guy?" Why doesn't he just STFU? The problem is........I can't. I may need therapy. I'm a little addicted to DCP. Again.....I am Nick......I play lead sop and I talk too much

Just practicing again. Thought I would get on DCP to see what's going on. I see that people are reading, but not posting. I'm OK with that. As long as what I post is being read, that's what matters.

I'm practicing Mod #2. I have it memorized. I am having issues playing measures 50 - 84 w/o taking a break. I start having some problems starting at measure 78. I am having less problems today though. It's getting easier. Just frustrating. Our next rehearsal is this Sun. I am hoping we get new music. I believe that we will. Can't wait.

I'm just givin' 'yinz' an update. I ain't botherin' nobody.

I am Nick, I play Lead Sop.................and there ya have it.