It can only happen in alumni corps ...

when two alumni corps meet on a hot day Richmond MI for Canal days parade,,, and discussion ensues as to whether to wear tunics or just use t-shirts...

(btw,, Simcoe United Alumni used tunics,,, Might St Joes was t-shirts lol)

Hanover Lancers do two Memorial Day parades. One in the morning thru Hanover and the other early afternoon in Gettysburg. Always wear the full uni (Cadet jacket, shako, bibs) for the morning parade and Memorial Day program at Hanover. But if the weather looks like real hot/humid for the afternnon you might get the email ".... bring the summer unis.... just in case...".

The summer uni is black shorts, white golf shirt and baseball cap (with logos on shirt and cap).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay,,, here's one...

the average back of any given drum line member is bad enough to neccisitate this:

IMG_0801.JPG

but it works well.. except for ruts and railroad tracks...

oh yeah,, almost forgot...

G Bugles...

yes,,,

sopranos and contras,,, not trumpets and tubas LOL

that was designed and built by the snare nearest you.. there is also one for the basses... of which,, on a full turnout, we have 7 i believe now,,,

Pretty cool stuff!

First time I saw "United" was in Missasaugua (sp.?), Ont., in late '90s. They did a top rate exhibition. I was fascinated by the snare line, pushing their rubber tired rack around the field.

Always wondered whose idea that was...

Maybe if SKY Alumni had one we'd still have Andy Lisko and Ray Priester in the line... sure would be cool to see 22 snares pushing one around, eh?

Bill Moore

First time I saw "United" was in Missasaugua (sp.?), Ont., in late '90s. They did a top rate exhibition. I was fascinated by the snare line, pushing their rubber tired rack around the field.

Always wondered whose idea that was...

Maybe if SKY Alumni had one we'd still have Andy Lisko and Ray Priester in the line... sure would be cool to see 22 snares pushing one around, eh?

Bill Moore

... what and give up my "Air Horn" and "Parade DM when no one else is available" status?

:-)

DoctorNik said:

"okay,,, here's one...

the average back of any given drum line member is bad enough to neccisitate this:

but it works well.. except for ruts and railroad tracks... "

We first saw the United Alumni using these racks in a parade in LeRoy, NY a few years back. What a great innovation! We've been jealous ever since.

I've wondered if the designer/builder ever considered getting a patent and selling his idea to XL Lite or any number of other drum/accessory companies? I can't help but feel there might be a market for it, especially with Alumni corps and maybe even high school and college bands.

I'll maybe have to mention it to him,,

I know he's in the process of designing a lighterweight, easier to assemble version,, (version 4 i think it is now)..

I'll maybe have to mention it to him,,

I know he's in the process of designing a lighterweight, easier to assemble version,, (version 4 i think it is now)..

... when he does a redesign, heve him consider using a "balloon" tire instead of the hard rubber type ... will take out most of the vibrations caused by streets and smooth out divits on grass fields ...

:-)