What Happened to All of Those Scores?

I was looking through the corpsreps site the other day and was wondering what ever happened to all the scores from the non-DCI shows in the 70's and 80's? I used my corps as an example. For 1978, they only have scores for us in 4 shows. I know that we competed in at least 20 shows that year. Same goes for 1979, where they have scores for 9 shows, but we did at least 20, probably more like 25. Does anybody have an archive of scores from circuits such as DCE (UOEC), Garden States, Eastern States, etc.? Or did those just get thrown away when the circuits went defunct. I think it would be awesome if people could rummage through their old programs and stuff and see how many more shows we could post scores for that are not listed on corpsreps.

I was looking through the corpsreps site the other day and was wondering what ever happened to all the scores from the non-DCI shows in the 70's and 80's? I used my corps as an example. For 1978, they only have scores for us in 4 shows. I know that we competed in at least 20 shows that year. Same goes for 1979, where they have scores for 9 shows, but we did at least 20, probably more like 25. Does anybody have an archive of scores from circuits such as DCE (UOEC), Garden States, Eastern States, etc.? Or did those just get thrown away when the circuits went defunct. I think it would be awesome if people could rummage through their old programs and stuff and see how many more shows we could post scores for that are not listed on corpsreps.

You could probably pass that info on to Corpsreps.com and he'd really appreciate it.

Turns out the guy lives in my hometown. Small world.

Same with my corps. I guess people just e-mail scores to them. DCP would be the perfect place for this since so many people use this great site. I was trying to get scores from the Upstate NY area for a webpage that I had and we changed internet provider and I lost everything. lindap sent me a bunch of stuff but now it's lost on my end.

Maybe John may consider this service since it is widely used by everyone.

I can somewhat help. Trying to get scores from the past, is really difficult. The many times I went to the DCI office (when they were in Lombard), scores were pretty much non-existent. The most they had from the 70's-80's were recaps from Championship week. They used to have alot more until they had a flood in their office and alot of their old scores and recaps were washed away. :worthy: I've got a notice on my site to have anyone with old scores or recaps to email me so we can get them published. I've received many scores from the past from people, but unfortunately, alot of years are incomplete. I'm in the same boat with past DCA scores as well.

So, please if you have any old scores or recaps please send them to DCP/Corpsreps or even From The Pressbox... so

we can get them listed. Let's not let history slip away.

Go Devils,

Gregg

:thumbup:

What would really be handy is copies of old Drum Corps World and Drum Corps News as well as all the other older newspapers like Drum Corps Digest. I would be happy to go through those old papers and type up scores and put email them to DCP or Corpsreps or BOTH. Really be nice to have an archive section with pictures and articles from those bygone days. If I can help I will...just PM me and I'll do whatever I can.

What would really be handy is copies of old Drum Corps World and Drum Corps News as well as all the other older newspapers like Drum Corps Digest. I would be happy to go through those old papers and type up scores and put email them to DCP or Corpsreps or BOTH. Really be nice to have an archive section with pictures and articles from those bygone days. If I can help I will...just PM me and I'll do whatever I can.

Check NanciD's Historical Blog ... at NanciD's Historical Blog ... she's scanned in most of the DCN scores and articles from 1962-1966 so far ... many of the tribute websites for corps of thye 60's (Bpt. PAL, Selden, St. Raphael's, Kilties, etc.) also contain volumes of score archives ... maybe DCP could set up a special calendar so that anyone can log a show's score under the actual date it occurred ... just a thought ...

Andy

Edited by ajlisko

It takes literally decades to assemble drum corps contest scores. Drum corps was never very good at preserving its own history. The activity was way too big for decades. It's only been since the early 1980s (when the activity started shrinking enough to have its data managed) that complete yearly data exists.

As I've said many times before....there is no single place you can find this information, and probably never will be.

My files have 20 scores for the L.I. Kingsmen in 1978, and 21 in 1979.

I have to say Brian would be the person to contact as he has MANY...hmmmm maybe DCP should have Brian do a DCP archive section. What do you say Brian?

I have to say Brian would be the person to contact as he has MANY...hmmmm maybe DCP should have Brian do a DCP archive section. What do you say Brian?

H. Worth Ake also complied numerous scores though his years of reporting for DCN ... whoever he turned over his files to before he passed on is probably sitting on volumes of historical tidbits ...

:-)