Blue Devils teams with Roland

Guest xsabers
Maybe, but snare lines have been taping-out guys for years. It's no different.

I beg to differ (please, please let me differ...) :laughing:

Taping out a snare or plugging a mouthpiece results in a net difference in potential overall volume and effect, as well as a noticeable lack of volume at the source. Definitely something an execution judge might notice. With electronics, turn it up to eleven on the non-ticks and you have lost nothing. With virtually no sound originating from an acoustic source, it should be transparent to even a trained observer that a player or players are not in the mix.

I love Roland products and I think this kind of thing is best used by indoor lines. Not a fan of the prospects that it brings to DCI though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's funny is that there are people actually believing that BD will be using these drum like things because of rolands sponsorship,,, failing to realize that roland makes a very good synth...

They do make a fantastic synth, but you must have not realized the part in the press release where it mentions these drum things ;)

no actually :thumbup: I didn't see that part... i just posted the link to the drum thing as a joke,,,

lol

guess the jokes on me !!! :w00t:

LOL.

Next up, replacing the horn line. I normally don't like my snares to "honk".

Again . . .meh.

yamaha-eztp-trumpet.jpg

now that is nice...

all small 'horns',,, can you imagine one that size doing the contra,, (oopps) tuba role??

Yamaha's EZ-TP Electronic Teaching Trumpet is quite costly, at $370, but models valves, transcribes your work to MIDI format and comes with a range of built-in teaching tools. You can even download songs to it and play them back with any of the included 22 "instruments."

http://www.gearwire.com/media/playing-yama...spacebrewer.mov

Edited by DoctorNik

yamaha-eztp-trumpet.jpg

Those things are junk.

this is where its at

http://www.patchmanmusic.com/mdt.html

that being said, I'd never want to see this in drum corps.

As far as the moog sponorship goes, a theramin is the last product of thers I'd like to see on the field. How about a full sized modular synth!? though thatd be impossible to maintain on tour, and I'm sure countless patch cables would go missing....

Modular synth:

http://www.theatreorgans.com/walnuthill/100m_and_motm.jpg

When I first saw this thread, I was like "Who the hell is Roland?" But then I was like, "Oh."

That's about all I can contribute to this dicsussion.

Roland Garceau is a fantastic sop, he'll do wonders for the hornline!

Oh wait...

Here's a cool Roland product. Maybe not practical for drum corps, but still quite funny! Especially for dream theatre fans