2009: The Year of the...

la mejor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 = MORE monotonous soundtracks ... i miss the music part of colorguard !

perhaps the pendulum will eventually swing back in the other direction! :lol:

I could not agree more!! The soundtracks so far are not much fun to listen to. Dare I say I'd rather more guards use the same great sound track in a season then everybody try to find one no one will use if it is not interesting to listen to. I'll take 5 Wild Horses over 2 obscure pieces that sound like a dentist drill. Rule of thumb for me is if I can't listen to it in my car over and over again I do not want to hear it over and over again in a gym. IMHO

Edited by backntheday

2009: The year of crap popping out of rolled flag silks.

You know what I'm talking about. Big flag feature and toss, surprise burst of color and then the rose petals or feathers flutter to the ground. It was creative the first time, but now it's begining to be overkill.

I do like the way CyFalls is putting the perverbial spin on it. The petals become the floor, which is to look like a Monet painting.

I could not agree more...I have been to a few local shows and watched the majority of the Regional finals on the WGI site. I am very bored...why are so many groups using such lame music?? Why oh why must we hear Over the Rainbow again??? Monotonous piano music??? There were about 10 shows I clicked on and after ten second turned off becuase I was bored...Can't anyone do an up tempo show?

I'm sorta glad I am not going to Dayton this year, I can nap at home...

There were about 10 shows I clicked on and after ten second turned off becuase I was bored...

you aren't alone.this is a sad commentary on the current state of the activity. :lol:

does anyone know when we will be permitted to view the body?

let the gravestone read:here lies winter guard,maudlin and full of self pity...... :lol:

Edited by dugg

you aren't alone.this is a sad commentary on the current state of the activity. :lol:

does anyone know when we will be permitted to view the body?

let the gravestone read:here lies winter guard,maudlin and full of self pity...... :lol:

imagine being a judge?? siting through hour after hour of these shows?? oye, I shudder to think...

imagine being a judge?? siting through hour after hour of these shows?? oye, I shudder to think...

Hey Chris - long time no see!

Hopefully you'll enjoy our music this year - it's Mozarts 40th Symphony - all bouncy and fun and classical. We'll be doing our "USA" debut next week in Trumbull!

Later,

Mike

Hey Chris - long time no see!

Hopefully you'll enjoy our music this year - it's Mozarts 40th Symphony - all bouncy and fun and classical. We'll be doing our "USA" debut next week in Trumbull!

Later,

Mike

Hey Mike!

So glad to hear you are using Mozart, that is music! Good luck at your debut..I'll be in Hawaii with Beth and Chris, hopwfully going to South Brunswick when we come back. :rolleyes:

Chris