2009: The Year of the...

la mejor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far...the typewriter! Music from Atonement...so interesting when everyone has the best music selection all at the same time...

Anyone else see any similarities happening this year so far??

yeah if you watch the florida regional on replay, both premonition and farenheit, have very similar soundtracks.lots of the same music, its really familiar too, i swear ive seen it used at wgi, back when signs came out. i saw it used several years ago as well. I pretty sure its from the signs soundtrack.

stoneman douglas is using some music that st anns did in 97, loved them that year!

yup. that would the signs soundtrack.

the masfield varsity SA guard uses it too. we have the main soundtrack from signs and also the bird and the worm by the viamin string quartet.

So far...the typewriter! Music from Atonement...so interesting when everyone has the best music selection all at the same time...

Anyone else see any similarities happening this year so far??

From the early views on the fan network it seems to be the world class is having a concerto/classical kind of year. Mostly in scholastic world. What are you gonna do? I thought the SW soundtracks from Ohio/Indiana were fairly similar.

what is who going to do?

or was it rehtorical?

my heads' not screwed on quite right today....

From what I've seen so far (all from the Fan Network though)...

it seems that this is a very dark and disturbing year. Has paranoia crept into our collective subconscious - are we using these dark themes to mirror how we feel these days??? It really seems like it's going to be one of those intense, dark, dark, dark show years.

Later,

Mike

last year was the "year of the tear"and i have dubbed this season the "year of the atmosphere" due to an abundance of shows about rain,ice,water,storms and rainbows.

i would also agree with guardguy89 in his assessment that this years crop of programs seem to reflect the current depressing state of affairs in our world......now if someone could just get me a glass of water,i need to take a fistfull of lexapro just to make it through prelims! :thumbup:

btw,i understand wgi has found it necessary to provide apre show grief counseling and psychotherapy for the judges panel. :shutup:

Edited by dugg

btw,i understand wgi has found it necessary to provide apre show grief counseling and psychotherapy for the judges panel. :sad:

:wacko::w00t: :w00t: :w00t::smile::blink::wacko:

Later,

Mike

From what I've seen:

2009 - the year of:

Turn-around tosses (especially the flag line)

Quotes from political figures (double points for Obama)

Political shows (3/4 IW shows, 2/4 SW shows in Ft. Lauderdale)

Movie soundtracks - Signs, Atonement, Dark Knight

Sprint to a stop (ex - Knights opening)

Ensemble dance block (ex - Braddock, Knights)