New or old headgear  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Change to:

• Aussie
    • Shako
    • Helmet
    • Keep what they have
    • Other (describe other)

Thanks for posting the Scottish Piper unis, Pioneer is Irish.

Sorry Boy, all of those bands are Irish and the ones in tartan are wearing Irish family tartans!

Or at least the ones I posted. :lol:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that they need a new sort of headgear, but i think giving them an aussie would just make it look like a better version of the madison scouts uniform.

i agree that they need a new sort of headgear, but i think giving them an aussie would just make it look like a better version of the madison scouts uniform.

burn :lol:

so its basically 50/50 now. i guess that is why they havent changed them yet :lol:

I think they should wear these:

21178.jpg

Edited by memphomello08

so its basically 50/50 now. i guess that is why they havent changed them yet :lol:

Here's the problem....... The Poll is bad.....

It's not 50 /50 It's 85% change.

Only 15% of the people recommend staying with what they are wearing now. All others have other recommendations.....

Aussie[ 34 ] [52.31%]

Shako[ 15 ] [23.08%]

Helmet[ 3 ] [4.62%]

Keep what they have[ 10 ] [15.38%]

Other (describe other)[ 3 ] [4.62%]

Edited by bmroth1

Pioneer comes out every single year, which is a huge thing nowadays. But, thats kinda where the line is drawn. I have a deep respect for everyone in the Pioneer organization, and I feel their staff and membership are some of the classiest, nicest people in the drum corps activity. I think that Pioneer has a unique vehicle with which they really can do whatever they want, without any committed design concepts to hold them back.

I think they should create a cleaner, more classic look. I think they should play music that holds respect for their traditions while creating a more entertaining and competitive production. I think they need to spend their $ and resources on recruiting, and developing a bigger program which is more structurally sound and musically proficient. If they were to hone their focuses on being truly competitive, then the concept of "what uniforms should we wear this year" would really mean something. Until then, its just another tweak that will go unnoticed if they don't step it up.

black and white photo from 1971 program, photo most likely earlier...not sure about headgear...depends on what part of the photo that catches your eye

1971-DCA-StPats.jpg

I have seen thousands of pics at the corps hall. I always remember the kilted drumline back then, but this pic clearly shows the drumline in pants. I think one of the most beautiful unis I have seen in years is the Toronto Optimist Alumni:

pm_optimists_2_wat_2007.jpg

Takes them back to their roots, relatively inexpensive and an AWSOME look on the field.

Although, once a corps drops shakos, it is usually for life!