James Logan 2009 Show

kcee

"I really enjoyed James Logan's show. The ending was a bit odd (in terms of what they've done in the past) but I liked it alot. Different - and we need a TON of different in this activity.

I don't know if they'll win in April (I'm still pulling for Avon), but it certainly will be a treat to see this show live. "

I thought Avons show was beauitful and well done but I don't know, it was still lacking something special for me. I kinda thought it was a safe show imo. All these shows are starting to blend together for me and nothing stands out. I would say so far Logan is the only SW guard who took a big risk this year, even though some people might not like their show this year I give them kuddos for trying something different and not playing it safe.

Edited by kcee

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I really enjoyed James Logan's show. The ending was a bit odd (in terms of what they've done in the past) but I liked it alot. Different - and we need a TON of different in this activity.

I don't know if they'll win in April (I'm still pulling for Avon), but it certainly will be a treat to see this show live. "

I thought Avons show was beauitful and well done but I don't know, it was still lacking something special for me. I kinda thought it was a safe show imo. All these shows are starting to blend together for me and nothing stands out. I would say so far Logan is the only SW guard who took a big risk this year, even though some people might not like their show this year I give them kuddos for trying something different and not playing it safe.

I agree 100% about Logan. They are one of the ONLY groups this year taking a different approach. So many of Scholastic Wolrd teams seem to be doing similar shows with similar soundtracks. I admire them for going a different route. For me, Win, Lose or Draw for Logan they will stand out in a year full of sameness.

re: avon,i would hardly describe the adagiato from mahler's 5th symphony as "playing it safe"! :cool:

and btw i do admire the logan world soundtrack design choice as very unique and dissimilar to the usual fodder we are subjected to. :cool:

Edited by dugg

re: avon,i would hardly describe the adagiato from mahler's 5th symphony as "playing it safe"! :cool:

and btw i do admire the logan world soundtrack design choice as very unique and dissimilar to the usual fodder we are subjected to. :cool:

Well by playing it safe I just mean it seems like many guards are doing classical music pieces this year and it's like can we spice it up a little please? I do admit it must be hard to create a show to Avons music though and kuddos to them for that. I thought it was beauitful but the soundtrack track left something to be desired. Logan does have great soundtracks but I miss it when Scott was there, their soundtrack was so current, everything from Britney to Nate dog, AC DC, Justin Timberlake, Bijork.....

Well by playing it safe I just mean it seems like many guards are doing classical music pieces this year and it's like can we spice it up a little please? I do admit it must be hard to create a show to Avons music though and kuddos to them for that. I thought it was beauitful but the soundtrack track left something to be desired. Logan does have great soundtracks but I miss it when Scott was there, their soundtrack was so current, everything from Britney to Nate dog, AC DC, Justin Timberlake, Bijork.....

You prefer Britney to Mahler? A little part of me just died...

I actually have enjoyed the shows that Mark Metzger has put together for JAmes Logan much more than the shows they had when Scott Chandler was there. The writing and overall concepts are much more interesting (in my opinion). I admired Logan in the Chandler era - their 1997 and 1998 shows were wonderful - but since Mark took over, their style has jumped leaps and bounds.

Again, just my opinion.

I don't know I just perfer more current music in soundtracks then to classical music, I think it gets the crowd going more....and yes I would choose Britney over Mahler anyday....gasp :cool: I think they actually fit Justin Timberlake's music pretty well into their 2003 Carmen lives show and ACDC into their 2002 TKO show....but that's just my two cents.

I think I lean more towards Scott's show's because they were so different and just kinda out there, but I admit they were a little hard to follow at times....Loganation ( I still have no idea what that show was about but it was awesome lol). Mark's shows do seem to have a more clear concept imo.

Edited by kcee

While soundtracks do matter, so does what a group does with the music. Being a liker of all kinds of music, I enjoy when groups do classical, rock, show, whatever kind of music. I can tell you though that Indiana will more than likely sport 4 groups in the SW category in the top 10, with 2 top in the top 5. IHSCGA Prelims are this weekend and should be a great prelude to state championships. Positioned between Prelims and State is the WGI Regional at Ben Davis High School.