Next Corps to move out of this thread and into WC thread

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well after looking at the list of the open class corps...

i'd say Cap Reg would probably be the best bet, but they would probably be scrutinized a little more than normal because of whatever caused them to go inactive (depending on what is true in the rumors) and they might have to do a lot to prove that it's all fixed and the corps will be around for a while.

i know impulse was a season away from applying for moving up a few years ago but they would have to do some serious growth and secure themselves amongst the loads of other corps in the area.

the new VK would probably be the setimental pick for old times sake, but if they're smart about it, they would want to take baby steps ala Academy to secure their position and not try to move too fast.

not knowing too much about the other groups (not that i know all that much about those i mentioned)....i suppose Teal, Raiders, Citations or Memphis might be the other ones in the discussion, but i doubt we'll see a new world class corps for a while.

Edited by bhs alumni

well after looking at the list of the open class corps...

i'd say Cap Reg would probably be the best bet, but they would probably be scrutinized a little more than normal because of whatever caused them to go inactive (depending on what is true in the rumors) and they might have to do a lot to prove that it's all fixed and the corps will be around for a while.

i know impulse was a season away from applying for moving up a few years ago but they would have to do some serious growth and secure themselves amongst the loads of other corps in the area.

the new VK would probably be the setimental pick for old times sake, but if they're smart about it, they would want to take baby steps ala Academy to secure their position and not try to move too fast.

not knowing too much about the other groups (not that i know all that much about those i mentioned)....i suppose Teal, Raiders, Citations or Memphis might be the other ones in the discussion, but i doubt we'll see a new world class corps for a while.

I think it's possible for Teal and Cap Reg to go World by 2011.

i find it hard to see that Legends, entering its second year of competition, could really be ready in such a short time.

originally i was going to question Music City, but further research uncovered who they are, but has produced a different question....is there a connection between them and music city legend? both are from Nashville, and both have mostly the same name. either way, i find it harder to see them ready to move in 5-6 years seeing as (while pictures show great turn outs) they haven't even been approved yet by DCI

of course i could be wrong about both, but i would say long shots as of now

It's not up to the corps to decide if they move up. They must pass some pretty strict criteria to be accepted as a World Class organization.

That means a strong board of directors, financial stability with preferably an outside source of income, a strong management team and a history of success in operating a well run drum corps on & off the field.

I do not see any existing corps that meet that criteria.

No one. WC corps come back to Open, crying about how they should have never left us!!

i find it hard to see that Legends, entering its second year of competition, could really be ready in such a short time.

originally i was going to question Music City, but further research uncovered who they are, but has produced a different question....is there a connection between them and music city legend? both are from Nashville, and both have mostly the same name. either way, i find it harder to see them ready to move in 5-6 years seeing as (while pictures show great turn outs) they haven't even been approved yet by DCI

Looks like MCL and Music City just share names and cities, but not much else. :thumbdown:

Teal Sound has more work to do. The organization has gotten slightly better but needs to work on keeping a percussion staff, and before they move up need to win in my opinion 2 championships. Also, before the bashing begins, Im a 3 year alumni of the corps and due to possible future corps connections (being on staff with a different corps) and not wanting to offend anyone I will stay anonymous except to those involved with Teal who wish to know who I am and why I feel this way. I am not posting to bash my former corps, but simply expressing an opinion, and since I carry the corps with me everyday and for the rest of my life (hint for those involved with Teal for more than 3 years) I feel I have earned that right.

Music City Jr. and Music City Legend are not affiliated.