Post-Audition Openings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have any snare openings to my knowledge (sorry OP), but we have 4 trumpet spots open at BK. Interested individuals should contact Andy Smart, BK's Brass Caption Head, at dfwas@yahoo.com. You can also email me or PM me with any questions. There are some amazing things going on in Denver, and I'm lucky to be a part of it all again.

Best of luck to y'all looking for spots! :angry:

did you burn a bridge when you left Jersey Surf?

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

I created this thread to give anyone that knows of any openings in World Class corps the opportunity to help some of us who want to march out. That means members, friends of people, corps directors, caption heads, techs, whoever.

I auditioned at the Cadets this year, and was the 10th man of 9 when I was cut at the February camp. I performed in the Inaugural Parade with the corps.

My previous experience includes:

Blue Stars 08 - snare

United Percussion - 07 - snare, 09 - snare captain

Jersey Surf 06, 07 - snare, 05 - cymbals

Towson University marching band 06, 07, 08 - snare, drum captain

Baltimore's Marching Ravens 03, 04 - snare

I need to march this summer.

Feel free to post your information if you're in the same situation.

Please let us know of openings.

Thanks!

Kris

did you burn a bridge when you left Jersey Surf?

I don't think I "burned a bridge" when I left Surf. However, after being on tour all summer and realizing the benefits of a full tour, I don't think that I could go back to weekends only. I don't mean this to sound arrogant, it was just way more expensive and harder on my car to drive to Jersey every weekend from Maryland due to gas and food than it was to just be away on a bus.

I don't think I "burned a bridge" when I left Surf. However, after being on tour all summer and realizing the benefits of a full tour, I don't think that I could go back to weekends only. I don't mean this to sound arrogant, it was just way more expensive and harder on my car to drive to Jersey every weekend from Maryland due to gas and food than it was to just be away on a bus.

not to be an asparagus, but isn't Surf a 'D-I' corps this summer???

not to be an asparagus, but isn't Surf a 'D-I' corps this summer???

Looking at the DCI schedule, the only time they're not on the tour and doing "weekend only" stuff are the week leading into and out of San Antonio. In other words, they're on most of the tour.

after talking with a friend at Academy they have given a few member spots for the snare line but it is not full. They also have a young group so having an expierenced memebr like your self could be good for you and them.

Sounds like a good gig with Glen, Ryan, Catherina and the rest of that awesome perc staff.

Old SCV staff... I like.

that's crap. from a financial standpoint Surf is a great deal.

i am thinking there is more to your "corps-jumping" background than you let on :angry: