Dixie Stinger

GaryD

It's that time again (almost). The Yankee Rebels' "Dixie Stinger" will be held on April 4th. The lineup is terrific, including the first alumni show appearance of "Swing House," a newly formed brass-percussion Jazz/Swing ensemble, under the musical direction of Larry Kerchner. Details below, and also at www.yankeerebels.org:

Stinger_Ad.jpg

The Dixie Stinger will be....

A throwdown!!!! A showdown!!!! A smackdown!!!! A function at the junction!!!!

Okay....maybe none of that. :angry:

But it IS going to be a great show.... come join us on April 4 in Baltimore!!!!!

Fran

Fran

What most of you probably don't know is... Fran also does the announcing for the WWF.

Andyroo said:

"What most of you probably don't know is . . . Fran also does the announcing for the WWF."

Hey Andy! What is Fran announcing for them, kangaroo boxing matches? Grizzly bear wrestling? LOL!

Fact is, the WWF is actually the "World Wildlife Federation." They sued the other folks a few years back over copyright/trademark infringement or some such, and the 'other WWF' was forced to change its name to the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). (Checkout the logo on their flag next time you drive past their headquarters on I-95 in Connecticut.)

Sorry, I couldn't resist getting you on this one!

Andyroo said:

"What most of you probably don't know is . . . Fran also does the announcing for the WWF."

Hey Andy! What is Fran announcing for them, kangaroo boxing matches? Grizzly bear wrestling? LOL!

Fact is, the WWF is actually the "World Wildlife Federation." They sued the other folks a few years back over copyright/trademark infringement or some such, and the 'other WWF' was forced to change its name to the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). (Checkout the logo on their flag next time you drive past their headquarters on I-95 in Connecticut.)

Sorry, I couldn't resist getting you on this one!

WWF... WWE... What's the difference????

Actually, though, you bring up a solid clue to my television viewing habits - and it ain't wrestling. In the good old days - with Bruno Sammartino, Gorgeous George, etc., - it was all real; today it's nothing but show business.

Riiiiiiight!!!!

And yes.... If Fran could get a gig announcing Kangaroo Boxing Matches, while wearing a horrific shirt, he'd do it.

Okay....maybe none of that. :smile:

But it IS going to be a great show.... come join us on April 4 in Baltimore!!!!!

Fran

We'll see ya there!! :thumbup: