Mass. Drum Corps/Music Educators Hall of Fame

Sounds like a really great time! Wish that I could be there, but we have a camp weekend.

Just a few corrections in regard to the years referenced for the repertoire...

Larry Kerchner's arrangement of "My Favorite Things" was played by St. Andrew's Bridgemen, in 1973 and 1974. (It is listed as 1976, on the Legend's website) (This is one of the best drum corps arrangements that I've ever heard...imho)

And Larry's arrangement of the "Civil War Suite" was played by the 1980 Bridgemen. Not in 1979, as listed on the site. (The 1979 arrangement of "Civil War Suite" was written by Ken Turner.)

Can't wait to hear a recording from that night! It's going to be really awesome!!!

Good luck, and enjoy yourselves!!! :tongue:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jamesdrum007 @ Mar 3 2009, 10:31 PM)

I'm attending the dinner because my dear friend Mike Cahill is being induced. (smile)

Mikey!

I didn't even know you were knocked up?!?!?

Who's the father???!!!

Cisco???!!!

:wall:

:tongue:

Larry Kerchner's arrangement of "My Favorite Things" was played by St. Andrew's Bridgemen, in 1973 and 1974. (It is listed as 1976, on the Legend's website) (This is one of the best drum corps arrangements that I've ever heard...imho)

And Larry's arrangement of the "Civil War Suite" was played by the 1980 Bridgemen. Not in 1979, as listed on the site. (The 1979 arrangement of "Civil War Suite" was written by Ken Turner.)

Can't wait to hear a recording from that night! It's going to be really awesome!!!

Jim,

Your corrections are very much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Legends website and offer your insight. I'll pass them on to Mike Cahill for revision.

May I ask did Mike Cahill march Glassmen in the past ?

Jim,

Your corrections are very much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Legends website and offer your insight. I'll pass them on to Mike Cahill for revision.

Jim,

You're welcome! I'm certain that the Legends are going to sound really terrific, and the event sounds like a lot of fun!

I hope that you, Mike, and everyone else has a great time! Congratulations to Mike, and the other inductees!!!

Ray,

You should consider playing this, if your schedule allows. over 100 brass are signed up. Good charts. Check out the Legends website. I saw 72 horns at last Saturday's rehearsal. Many major players in attendance. Yes, I went up and strapped on a snare drum. Well .....not really. We're using drum stands. I'm attending the dinner because my dear friend Mike Cahill is being induced. So .........since I'll be there anyway, I might as well play, and get my chops back in shape. (smile)

I'm only a Legend in my own mind... don't know if I could keep up with these whippersnappers...

May I ask did Mike Cahill march Glassmen in the past ?

Mike Cahill marched and taught the Boston Crusaders......his blood is quite red & black.

"DEVORATE EOS, BOSTONIA!"