Countdown final 12 are up - very interesting

Nice to see the CROSSMEN on this list......

for a corps that has been out of finals for a bit its nice people remember how great this corps was /will be.

:tongue::wall::tongue::wall::blink: :blink: :blink::wall::blink: :blink: :wall::ph34r:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.. nice with the was/will be. The will be will be a new great for the Crossmen also.

It is nice to see them recieving some credit for IMO a pretty ######## show.

2002 was much better. Too bad that couldn't make the list since it wasn't in the range.

Mine:

08 PR

08 Blue Stars

07 Crown

04 Cavies

04 SCV

03 Crossmen

If they had narrowed it down to 3, it would have been PR, Blue Stars, and Cavies.

I really liked the old format though... just saying.

You can only do that format so many times and if you want to make it an annual thing you might want to try some new things. This also does the simple thing of setting it up for the next year or the one after that and have a Best of 2000s.

You can only do that format so many times and if you want to make it an annual thing you might want to try some new things. This also does the simple thing of setting it up for the next year or the one after that and have a Best of 2000s.

Eh, you see my opinion comes from having all the 2000's DVDs. And I have a big screen, and a better sound system than the theater near me that shows the event.. However, I do not have the legacy collection... I have 89... that's it. The only person I know with some of the collection is my HS band director. He has late 80's and all the 90's. And I don't really have access to them that much... so yeah, I like the classic countdown.... So the countdown as it is for me is kind of pointless because I have all of the shows (in fact I just watched a few on the list tonight). But who knows, the current format might get some more HS band heads out to the theaters... they don't want to be seeing something from the 90's!

I was under the impression more people disliked Scheherezade. Weird.

Mine:

2008 Phantom Regiment

2008 Boston Crusaders

2007 Carolina Crown

2007 Bluecoats

2005 The Cadets

2005 Madison Scouts

to be honest, I kind of regret Crown... I've personally seen that show enough recently... oh well.

I was under the impression more people disliked Scheherezade. Weird.

I would it was the crowd's overall favorite show of the year (Yeah..I know BD was hugely popular...but SCV 04 was electric)

Funny thing is.....if you remember SCV was putting out a video from every camp that year which features musical segements from their show. So...to all the naysayers (Corps staff and fans alike) about releasing show material before the first show.... :lol:

True, but let's be honest, they have zero chance whenever the vote is put to nationwide Drum Corps fans. This Corps prepares their program in the off season to appeal to it's members and to the judges. The Program Director and Corps Director has said so numerous times in the past. So if they WERE selected for a finalist with a national poll of national fans, this would probably distract them from their goal for the coming year and I'd imagine be viewed internally by the Corps management as counter productive for them.

Sounds like the Glassmen of old.......hopefully BK takes a queue from GMEN...

I have really enjoyed GMEN's shows for the past 4 seasons...never thought I would say that

My Top 12 Picks:

2008 Carolina Crown

2008 Bluecoats

2007 Carolina Crown

2007 Boston Crusaders

2007 Colts

2006 Spirit

2005 Phantom Regiment

2005 Carolina Crown

2004 Madison Scouts

2003 The Cadets

2003 Crossmen