Memphis Sound Move to TX

Mid-South Youth Performing Arts Association and the Memphis Sound Drum Bugle Corps are happy to announce the latest additions to our Administrative Team for the 2009 Season.For Mid-South Youth Performing Arts Association (MYPAA), we have added several new board of directors members as well as an Executive Committee.Doyle...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

So when will the name change take place? Texas Sound?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when will the name change take place? Texas Sound?

That's the next press release coming. We are actually holding a contest for the new name of the corps, which will officially change at the close of the season. We will be announcing the new name in April

how about The "Used To Be From Memphis, But Bailed Out For Texas " Sound ???

Yet another sure fire sign a Div 2/3 corps is on the way out.......

:lol:

That's the next press release coming. We are actually holding a contest for the new name of the corps, which will officially change at the close of the season. We will be announcing the new name in April

Thanks for the support! lol

how about The "Used To Be From Memphis, But Bailed Out For Texas " Sound ???

Yet another sure fire sign a Div 2/3 corps is on the way out.......

Hmmm, a corps moving from one state to another...never heard of such a thing!

might want to take a look at what crossmen have been able to accomplish since moving to texas.

no matter where the corps is, tennessee or texas, support it! nothing is gained by losing another junior corps and if a transition is necessary to achieve that goal then that might be the stimulus to keep the corps going.

"MYPAA", which is a whole other subject, could just as easily keep the name and still move the majority of it's operations to Texas.

Does it look like you're doing a fine job getting more 'support' from Texas? Sure, good job and good luck, but that's no reason to completely alienate any connection to the Memphis-area.

Speaking of support, you (Mr. Green) keep reaching out to alumni and asking for it - do you really think destroying the name of their corps, the corps some even spent 3-5 years with of it's 6-year exsistance, is the best way to accomplish that?

I, and many others, have watched from the sideline as it appeared you were doing some great things for the corps - for the first time since Trey's departure - but if this press release goes through, I can guarantee you will lose a huge backing from those who have the most interest in the success of Memphis.

And before anyone brings up name changes from The Cadets, The Magic, The Cascades, etc. then remind yourself what they all have in common - while their geographic connection may have been eliminated, the core of their name essentially remained the same.

I was on tour last season for a week with Bob Stoeker.

He was tireless and always ready to help both staff and marching members.

It was clear he cared above and beyond.

I can't think of a better guy to add to the Memphis admin team.

Congrats, Bob.

The crabcake guy.

We will always have a presence in Memphis. If you have true concerns, get involved. There are two spots on the board of directors reserved for Alumni. Attend a camp. Volunteer. There are a lot of ways to stay involved, and we are having events in Memphis.

The corps has been looking to move since 06. This is not a new venture, but finally a successful one.

I would ask if you have concerns to talk to me, Bob, Pam, James, or any of the folks on staff or the Board. You'll discover there is a lot you can be a part of, but you have to take that step to be involved.