1991 Inside BD

Was Kathleen Clark the only female DM in BD's history?

In the "A" corps, yes...and she did a GREAT job with the alums in 07!

I love when the staff member says, "You three cannot be right and everyone else in the corps be wrong."

Brings back memories, that does!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope....according to the roster on the BD website, John aged out in 89 and in 91 Tim was with the Crossmen (came back to BD in 94, tho)

John Meehan would have aged out in 1992 if he had chosen to continue marching. He served on SCV's brass staff in 1992 (still eligible to march) when his dad was caption head. Tim marched at SCV in 1992 (1993 as well, I believe) before returning to BD.

1991 was definitely a rough year for BD percussion. First and foremost, they were missing Tom and Catherine Float's arranging skills to complement such a beastly horn book. The beginning of the year saw the line headed up by Paul Rennick and Lee Rudnicki (Lee returned to SCV to assist Scott Johnson fairly early in the season). The line was then headed up at different times by Fred Sanford and Curt Moore, and I'm pretty sure Dave Glyde got in there at some point. To answer a question in an earlier post, Glyde headed up the percussion in '92 & '93 before Scott's return in '94.

Lastly, BD was next to SCV in the retreat block at DCI finals in both 1988 and 1991. As a member of the SCV drumline, I had the privilege of having my face ripped off by both of those epic horn lines (sops in my grill both times!) when they played off at retreat. While both lines tore it up beyond all reason, I have to give the edge to '88 because they were ###### (edit: quite upset) about Madison winning, and channeled it into that one run of Ol' Black Magic! In fact, I remember the sops facing us instead of Madison to play off then coming over and shaking OUR hands! I was definitely searching for body parts after that performance!

Edited by kerickson