WOW @ SCV's 94, Corona's 92, and Flanagan's 91

TKYR_FA1986

REALLY????????????

Hmmmmm, this post you made last year seems really odd then. . . .maybe I'll refresh your memory!

'My daughter' is my step-daughter. I have NO children of my own. I like to think of her as 'my daughter' but she has a mother of her own who isn't so keen on the idea. Besides, she lives in South Carolina now and that's a bit out of school boundaries for Flanagan High School not to mean she's 22 years old! So no, I am not from Flanagan and I am not the 'mom' of a kid who was in or is in Flanagan. Sorry to disappoint.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually respect Flanagan a great deal. I think the depth of training and excellence in the program is outstanding. I also applaud how quickly they have moved up the ranks. I was just simply pointing out that as a spectator and a designer I enjoy the fact that Avon changes it up every year.

'My daughter' is my step-daughter. I have NO children of my own. I like to think of her as 'my daughter' but she has a mother of her own who isn't so keen on the idea. Besides, she lives in South Carolina now and that's a bit out of school boundaries for Flanagan High School not to mean she's 22 years old! So no, I am not from Flanagan and I am not the 'mom' of a kid who was in or is in Flanagan. Sorry to disappoint.

Darn, I am a little disappointed, you know how much I like to be right. Does this mean truce?

I'm not trying to be a d*ck you know. . .I just want to see Flanagan try something different as opposed to what I see them do every year. It has nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with the design team. I watched those flanagan kids like a hawk last year to see how they would conduct themselves on and off the floor and they were amazingly nice and a class act. Just because I don't much like the decisions of the staff, doesn't mean I'm coming down on those kids, I'm not. It also doesn't mean that I don't repsect what those KIDS have been able to accomplish through their talent

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Darn, I am a little disappointed, you know how much I like to be right. Does this mean truce?

I'm not trying to be a d*ck you know. . .I just want to see Flanagan try something different as opposed to what I see them do every year. It has nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with the design team. I watched those flanagan kids like a hawk last year to see how they would conduct themselves on and off the floor and they were amazingly nice and a class act. Just because I don't much like the decisions of the staff, doesn't mean I'm coming down on those kids, I'm not. It also doesn't mean that I don't repsect what those KIDS have been able to accomplish through their talent

Wow, I guess we have a reached a truce. How boring is that? Now what do we talk about? How's the weather where you are?

Wow, I guess we have a reached a truce. How boring is that? Now what do we talk about? How's the weather where you are?

I know. . .it'll be so boring now! I'm in dayton. . .I live about 5 minutes from UD arena! :-)

I've been watching the weather for WGI. . . .I'm sad to report, right now it looks like rain! ;-( Thursday might be nice, but Friday and Sat are both supposed to rain and be in the 50's

Then again, it's ohio so it can change at any moment and probably will

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

2003 - Flanagans' Scholastic Open wins the Bronze at WGI

2004 - Flanagans' Open class promoted to Scholastic World class and places 8th at WGI

2006 - Flanagans' World class places 5th at WGI

2007 - Flanagans' World class places 4th at WGI

2008 - Flanagans' World class places 1st at WGI

What isn't going to happen?

What's not going to happen is taking new risk since they want the high score......you just proved my point. They've found what works,

and too bad it bores people, even on this forum if you want to read the last couple of pages again.

It's called an identity. If you want flanagan to change their program design, then why don't you try to add onto their staff.

I'm SURE you can design a fantastic show and, plus, make a bunch of rookies that have never spun before gain talent within a few months and have people

considering them to be one of the biggest contenders for a medalist another season.

It can't be that hard if they can do it, right? :thumbup:

Oh I never said they weren't good at what they do. But as an audience member I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that their shows

are starting to look all the same because they found out what works for the score to go up.

And before you go calling someone out about what they can can't do you need to turn around and ask yourself if you can do it too or if you are

posting a cop out post to stir the pot. PUH-LEASE. You think we haven't heard this tired out retort here on cgp before?

Okay then, have a great day.

I know. . .it'll be so boring now! I'm in dayton. . .I live about 5 minutes from UD arena! :-)

I've been watching the weather for WGI. . . .I'm sad to report, right now it looks like rain! ;-( Thursday might be nice, but Friday and Sat are both supposed to rain and be in the 50's

Then again, it's ohio so it can change at any moment and probably will

They should move WGI championships out to California....it's a nice 75 degrees out here. I know the kids from the West Coast would love it, we can't handle cold weather...we think 60 degrees is cold lol.

They should move WGI championships out to California....it's a nice 75 degrees out here. I know the kids from the West Coast would love it, we can't handle cold weather...we think 60 degrees is cold lol.

I'm from FL and I'm looking forward to a few days of cold-esque weather in Dayton. But SoCal would be great - San Diego in 2004 was pretty wonderful!

i know, right? Ugh, I hate the cold... :thumbup:

What's not going to happen is taking new risk since they want the high score......you just proved my point. They've found what works,

and too bad it bores people, even on this forum if you want to read the last couple of pages again.

Oh I never said they weren't good at what they do. But as an audience member I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that their shows

are starting to look all the same because they found out what works for the score to go up.

I'm a Flanagan alumni and up until now, I've never gotten involved in these types of discussions; however, I feel like I have to speak up about a particular statement.

If you say you're bored by the shows, then that's fine. I don't understand why everyone gets all up and arms over an opinion you're completely entitled to. Afterall, these forums were created for discussion/sharing of opinions, perspective, etc.

So here's my take on things, specifically, in regards to what I underlined above (so no one is confused or led astray):

I can honestly and proudly say that it's not about medals or scores. Flanagan's shows have a much deeper meaning to the staff, members and even some fans. There's no way to explain it. I guess you just have to be apart of the program to really understand what goes on behind the scenes.

Yah, that's all! I don't know if this post really contributed much, but I wanted to share anyways. : )

Thanks for reading and I wish all the guards the best of luck in Dayton!