Aimachi

Aimachi will be in Ohio this weekend performing at both the Tri-States and MEPA circuit championships. . . .however, rumor has it that they will be missing 4 baton twirlers who are competing in Japan this weekend, but who will fly in later in the week for WGI Champs. :big hug:

EDIT. . .it's 2 baton twirlers and 2 sabres. . but fear not, they will be in town after the weekend.

I'm sure the excitement is building for performers and spectators a like!! :-)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Aimachi!!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I know my kids and I are SUPER excited they are coming to Tri-STate!! I can't wait!

Aimachi will be in Ohio this weekend performing at both the Tri-States and MEPA circuit championships. . . .however, rumor has it that they will be missing 4 baton twirlers who are competing in Japan this weekend, but who will fly in later in the week for WGI Champs. :thumbup:

EDIT. . .it's 2 baton twirlers and 2 sabres. . but fear not, they will be in town after the weekend.

I'm sure the excitement is building for performers and spectators a like!! :-)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Aimachi!!

let us know what you think...please

I know my kids and I are SUPER excited they are coming to Tri-STate!! I can't wait!

let us know what you think...please

What you think? Please!!! Video it a post it on You Tube PLEASE!!

btw,their props are already up for $ale!

Edited by dugg

Aimachi performed at the Tri-State Circuit championships last night. A HUGE crowd gave them a very warm welcome.

Costumes, floor, props, and flags are really great. They were missing 4 members who were reportedly at the baton twirling world championships... their absence was felt in a couple sections, but for the most part you would have never known. LOTS of turning around underneath tosses.... a few batons here and there for fun.

Perhaps they were jet lagged ( the flight was over 30 hours?), but they dropped quite a few times and just seemed a bit shakey. None the less, it was a remarkable performance. The whole show progresses smoothly and is a joy to watch. I sat down close to the floor, so I'm not sure what it looks like from up top.

They did not compete, but were given a score from the judges. I have no idea what their number was or would have been.

Should be VERY exciting to see them go up against all the other IW units later this week. I hope they return to the TSC again in the future- it was a pleasure having them!! : )

I was also present for Aimachi's exhibition last night and got to see it from up top. The tarp is huge and they also utilize 6-7 "stages" where members are featured throughout the program. This is a slightly different Aimachi from what we've seen during their past visits to the US. First of all, there are 6 male members from Pride of Cincinnati who are spending the season with them which gives them a different dynamic. Also, the program is much more aggressive than their past offerings. Some great moments of development and conceptually very interesting. Like Will mentioned, they were missing a few of their key baton members, but that didn't seem to inhibit the program. I'm looking forward even more to seeing them this week in Dayton with their full membership. Some great tricks and absolutely gorgeous silks. One particular highlight for me was a very lyrical weapon segment staged in the back right-hand corner about 1/3 of the way into the program. The equipment writing as well as the performance level was spectacular. I can guarantee they will bring the house down again in Dayton and should mount a serious challenge for the gold medal.

Separately, it was extremely refreshing to see their parent support group arrive at the show 2-3 hours prior to their performance and enthusiastically cheer on many of the scholastic units. They are a class act both on and off the floor.

Edited by GEVisual