MASS BRASS Announces 2009 Show!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How 'bout the rest of you mini corps participants?

If you're going to blow us all away...how 'bout a heads up as to your repertoires?

Let's go...spit 'em out!!!

Ya know John, after this particular thread, exhorting people to spit out seems a bit over the top.

Mr. Strutta, I fear with this one you may have shot your load.

Fans and Members alike will not be able to control themselves when MASS BRASS hits the stage with "Nocturnal E. Missions" sponsored by Jergens!

No, it is not a wonderful dream...it's TRUE!

Once again featuring the song stylings of Larry Kerchner, the Commonwealth's Own will emote (and emit) a repertoire featuring 'Santa Esmerelda Suite'and 'Hollywood Nocturne' climaxing with what I like to call 'Larry-guena'!

Come Early!

Come Often!!

Come See the 2009 MASS BRASS Any Night This Season!!!

KUMBAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! :smile:

Registration for the 20ieth DCA I&E will start in a month.

Let the hype begin

Ghost Riders would also like to wish you guys the best and expect nothing less than what you guys are famous for...

That big "fat", "wet" sound when you "deliver" your "load" of music all over the stage. I am sure that you leaving them "screaming" for more. I am sure that no one will be "sleeping" when you guys perform. I am also sure it wont be "messy" at all; you guys have always been able to "clean it up" very well.

Ghost Riders show is quite different than past years and are to a very good start with new music and a younger corps, especially trumpets. We have been working hard to continue to develop the sound. The low brass is really playing well with our more mature membership. And although the mellophones have a slight disadvantage...(you know who), they actually are beginning to move their arthritic fingers through some difficult passages, before I water down their book.

The music for 2009 will include (in random order):

Frank Ticheli's An American Elegy (by popular request),

Ghost Rider Suite...an original medley that sounds like John Williams meeting Elmer Bernstein on the OK Corral,

Aaron Copland's Red Pony Suite based on Jay Bocook's Copland Finale

Ghost Riders in the Sky, (our theme song)

Battle Hymn of the Republic,

and a swing version of "Happy Trails" featuring solos from various players including WDCHOF'er Bill McGrath Jr.

We will finalize what the competitive show will be out that selection of tunes.

Donny

We have plenty of notes. It's breath marks that have us a bit perplexed.

Ahh Fred, you can handle it!! Breathing is over rated, who needs air to fill that contra anyhow right? I mean if it were a soprano...

We got the spunk!

Giggady, Giggady, Gig-ga-dy!!!

And to think I used to consider you immature....

this thread has certainly brought new perspective to that one...

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence (or maturity) of the American people, Ray!

Good luck GR. Good call bringing bvack 'Elegy' as that's a very nice chart. However, you certainly have your work cut out for you with those mellos...:>P

Edited by strutta