Scott Boerma

So, Scott Boerma is the director of the Michigan Marching Band.....since the fall of 2007. Just discovered this yesterday. I went searching thru DCP and can't find any mention of it. Huh. Am I the only one who didn't know about this? Kind of a big deal, I would think. Way to go Scott.

So, Scott Boerma is the director of the Michigan Marching Band.....since the fall of 2007. Just discovered this yesterday. I went searching thru DCP and can't find any mention of it. Huh. Am I the only one who didn't know about this? Kind of a big deal, I would think. Way to go Scott.

I believe I mentioned it several times over the past year and a half.

Michigan's gain is drum corps....well, he still does write some music for corps.

I believe I mentioned it several times over the past year and a half.

Michigan's gain is drum corps....well, he still does write some music for corps.

OK, sorry. I must not have been paying attention. As an alumnus, mention of the Michigan marching band usually makes me cringe.....never was very impressed with the Revelli and George Cavender style. I always thought there were several other Big Ten bands that were better. But....maybe I'll have to reassess now.

OK, sorry. I must not have been paying attention. As an alumnus, mention of the Michigan marching band usually makes me cringe.....never was very impressed with the Revelli and George Cavender style. I always thought there were several other Big Ten bands that were better. But....maybe I'll have to reassess now.

I do hope you realize that Revelli just considered the marching band a necessary evil. He is, without question one of the GREATEST band directors ever. Few bands could match the Michigan concert bands under his direction. (And this is coming from Ohio.)

As for Boerma, I'm confident he will do great things with the Michigan band...no doubt halftime will be the highlight of UM football games.