Impulse Announces 2009 Program

Impulse Drum and Bugle Corps officially announces its 2009 program: A New American Classic Featuring musical selections from: Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna Overture by Franz von SuppéMorning Mood from the Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard GreigAnvil Chorus from Il Trovatore by Giuseppe VerdiDance of the Comedians from The...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...5&Itemid=39

• 3 weeks later...
Impulse Drum and Bugle Corps officially announces its 2009 program: A New American Classic Featuring musical selections from: Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna Overture by Franz von SuppéMorning Mood from the Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard GreigAnvil Chorus from Il Trovatore by Giuseppe VerdiDance of the Comedians from The...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...5&Itemid=39

sounds interesting. i hear you guys not touring this summer but only doing local shows? too bad

yup...dci lists them at 5 shows, all in the LA area...mystikal and gold very similar...what's going on with the so cal open corps? icognito, brand new and still building and VK seems to be doing well (based solely on their tour schedules), but what's up with the older kids?

i hear the district pulled the funding for Gold (funded and originally operated through Hawthorne High School) which is gonna severly handicap them

rumors of mystikal moving to TX soon

impulse close to applying for Div I after 2005 to barely taking a tour now

not trying to start more rumors, just seriously wondering what happened since i left LA?

Edited by bhs alumni

yup...dci lists them at 5 shows, all in the LA area...mystikal and gold very similar...what's going on with the so cal open corps? icognito, brand new and still building and VK seems to be doing well (based solely on their tour schedules), but what's up with the older kids?

It's all about the Benjamins.....

correction it is not $950 but $1050, saw paperwork that was givin out this past weekend. and they do not provide transporation to shows either. too much if i may say so myself for only 5 shows and local ones at that

Can we at least be positive and support those who are involved with the corps? Better this, then them folding or not fielding at all. In rough times we need to be more supportive and less critical.

"Can we at least be positive and support those who are involved with the corps? Better this, then them folding or not fielding at all. In rough times we need to be more supportive and less critical. "

I totally agree

Edited by mr fabulous

Ok I will clear this matter up. Impulse will perform at the So Cal shows and also 2 Nor Cal shows and Las Vegas show. Impulse also will provide the kids with other performance opportunities. My suggestion to you is that please know all the facts before you post. IYAO is about the educational aspect as well as performance aspect. BTW no transportation is provided to the local shows but SD, NOR CAL AND VEGAS transportation is provided.