New All Age Corps in Texas

OK, I'm a little slow with the uptake here. Are you saying Frontier changed their name to Vigilante or is this an additional Corps?

What's going on down there?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm a little slow with the uptake here. Are you saying Frontier changed their name to Vigilante or is this an additional Corps?

What's going on down there?

Short Version: Vigilantes is the new name of the corps formerly known as Frontier.

Short Version: Vigilantes is the new name of the corps formerly known as Frontier.

So it's kinda like the artist formerly known as Prince. :thumbdown:

Edited by Kansan

Just to clarify a few points:

Vigilantes DBC is a new independant corps, why? In the past few months Vigilantes D and BC has purchased: new instruments, an instrument truck, has recruited all new paid staff, a new uniform, has a new board of directors and has a new management team running the corps on a day to day basis, in conclusion it is therefore possible for both Frontier and Vigilantes to field a competitive corps.

I hope everyone is having a great season.

Roger Treacher

Corps Director

Vigilantes DBC is a new independant corps, why? In the past few months Vigilantes D and BC has purchased: new instruments, an instrument truck, has recruited all new paid staff, a new uniform, has a new board of directors and has a new management team running the corps on a day to day basis, in conclusion it is therefore possible for both Frontier and Vigilantes to field a competitive corps.

Roger Treacher

Corps Director

So now you're saying that this new corps took all the members of Frontier to form a new corps? That's pretty messed up...

This is a battle I am all too familiar with...

You cannot steal members from a corps. The beauty of this country is that everyone has the ability to choose where they want to go....

Roger Treacher

Corps Director

That was clear as mudd. Is Frontier and Vigilantes one in the same? Is this a reorganization like Bayou City Blues and Gulf Coast Sound did?

Yes, I'm being nosey. It's my Cop nature. Yes I may write a History of Flyover Drum & Bugle Corps of the early 21st Century and want to have the facts straight.

I hope, whoever you guys are, have a good season.

Also wondering if the Frontier name is up for grabs.

Edited by Kansan

That was clear as mudd. Is Frontier and Vigilantes one in the same? Is this a reorganization like Bayou City Blues and Gulf Coast Sound did?

Yes, I'm being nosey. It's my Cop nature. Yes I may write a History of Flyover Drum & Bugle Corps of the early 21st Century and want to have the facts straight.

I hope, whoever you guys are, have a good season.

Also wondering if the Frontier name is up for grabs.

Yeah, something is way fishy about this. He said that Frontier could still field a corps when they took all their members, some (don't know how many) of which were under the impression that the name was just changing. Also, what about Frontiers old equipment (including all the brand new drums)? Shouldn't that still be Frontier's if that is infact what happened?