New All Age Corps in Texas

Yeah, something is way fishy about this. He said that Frontier could still field a corps when they took all their members, some (don't know how many) of which were under the impression that the name was just changing. Also, what about Frontiers old equipment (including all the brand new drums)? Shouldn't that still be Frontier's if that is infact what happened?

I just want to know who we may be dealing with in the future in Texas.

They had Gulf Coast Sound, Frontier, Austin Stars, World Gone Madd, The Force.

Now it appears Frontier has morphed into Vigilantes but they have all the stuff Frontier had like the truck and show theme.

Somehow they also got new equipmentand uniforms which would cost $100,000.00 dollars in an economy tha really sucks for business and individuals.

I'm assuming Frontier had a change of management and for either legal reasons or maybe they didn't like the name Frontier, changed the name.

It appears The performing arts thing is not there either.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter to me what they do because it's their business and they are running rings around what my group is trying to do up here in the land of Wheat and High Taxes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, something is way fishy about this. He said that Frontier could still field a corps when they took all their members, some (don't know how many) of which were under the impression that the name was just changing. Also, what about Frontiers old equipment (including all the brand new drums)? Shouldn't that still be Frontier's if that is infact what happened?

JPeg - Who are you? (I can guess) you know who I am.

If you want to be negative thats fine, I would however suggest that you do it off line and directly with me my email address is rogertreacher@live.com

FYI the drums were a private purchase and are still privately owned by me.

From this point forward I will not respond to negativity in an open forum.

Roger Treacher

At the risk of enflaming... :)

To answer, yes, all members of Vigilantes are fully aware of the situation in which they have joined. The public is welcome to come to our rehearsals, hear the membership announcements and make a decision on whether to join or not. Of the membership that is with us not a single member has expressed concern or dismay at our bright future. It's difficult to be disturbed by a corps with new percussion, new uniforms, strong staff, full hornline and a business plan to support a full sized corps for many years to come.

If you have any questions or concerns we are open to the public and holding a rehearsal today (as well as a performance for potentially 20,000 festival goers). There is nothing at all fishy. Our books are open. The state, federal government , and DCA reviewed them with a fine tooth comb. We have answered all official inquiries and are happy to discuss them in person with anyone with a valid concern.

Thanks for your concerns and we look forward to entertaining all this summer with our show. At this point, the field is where the intrigue lies!

GO VIGILANTES!!!!

Don't listen to any of this pointless garbage from jerks who don't even care and are just trying to flame things up on the internet.

Remember one thing about arguing on the Internet: Whether you win or lose, you're still ########.

The important thing is Vigilantes has a stable base, is well equipped and with a serious eye pointed to the future. I couldn't be prouder.

Interesting. I have read all of the posts and some interesting questions have surfaced. Nevertheless, I also welcome Vigilantes to DCA! One question that I do have, and I hope someone from Frontier can answer: what the heck are you guys going to play now? I checked Frontier's site and they are doing, "Pastime". Vigilantes are also doing, "Pastime". Both corps are doing the same show? I am not a race fan, but isn't that like stock car racing? Actually there a ton of similarities between both sites. Either way, great job at your massive success!!!

Anywho, no mudslinging here. I am wishing success for both corps.

GO VIGILANTES :tongue:

Edited by John M. Johnson

My son bought himself a new car a couple of months ago. It's a 87 Cutless Ciera. It's new to him. Maybe the horns and stuff are new to the Vigilantes.

While I'm all for the growth of the activity I'm not for growth by subtraction. But this is the history of the activty. People don;t like the way someone is doing something and feel they can do better and cannibalize the old corps. It happened to the Skyliners and now it happened to Frontier.

My son bought himself a new car a couple of months ago. It's a 87 Cutless Ciera. It's new to him. Maybe the horns and stuff are new to the Vigilantes.

While I'm all for the growth of the activity I'm not for growth by subtraction. But this is the history of the activty. People don;t like the way someone is doing something and feel they can do better and cannibalize the old corps. It happened to the Skyliners and now it happened to Frontier.

I do not speak for the corps and am not in it anymore, so it's NOT my place to answer your questions but I do know the details (like I said, NOT MY PLACE to make them public) and this assessment couldn't be more dead wrong.

Someone from Vigilantes PLEASE come in here and clear this up, soon? If this isn't explained to the public you will be starting your existence with a stain on your reputation that you don't even remotely deserve.

FYI the drums were a private purchase and are still privately owned by me.

The drums were never presented as yours. They were always presented as "Frontier's new drums. And, I'm sure none of the membership dues, fundraising money, or money that came from selling old equipment covered annnny of the cost.

I distinctly remember an issue that arose awhile ago when a old Frontier director was using the Frontier mailing list sheets to recruit for a junior corps and the current Frontier director, at the time, had a conniption over it and now the exact same thing just apparently happened. He went off and formed a "new corps" and used Frontier as a recruiting pool. It's a pretty hypocritical situation. It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal if they just announced a name change but calling it a whole new corps totally discredits a lot of hard working individuals that founded Frontier Drum and Bugle Corps. It's taking credit for their work. And now they're saying that Frontier is still welcome to field their own corps even though all their money, equipment, members, and show have been taken.

And, if it was really a whole new corps, shouldn't they have to apply for everything over again including non profit status?

I really doubt the members were very well informed or had much of a choice.

And is your doubt based on ANY kind of evidence or knowledge? I DOUBT IT.

You don't know what you're talking about, and frankly, you're attempting to create a controversy where none exists and I can't say I appreciate it very much. I can tell you this much, however: The corps membership was given the opportunity and the right to vote on a new name. Notice Roger did NOT say that two corps exist, he only pointed out that it is possible for another corps with the NAME Frontier to field a corps, TECHNICALLY.

However, I suppose the bottom line is that until an official spokesperson from Vigilantes comes online to set the record straight, people like you are going to get your jollies making your random potshots with no basis in fact. Certainly, once the record IS set straight, you are going to feel stupid, or at the very least, LOOK stupid. Good luck to you when that happens.

The drums were never presented as yours. They were always presented as "Frontier's new drums. And, I'm sure none of the membership dues, fundraising money, or money that came from selling old equipment covered annnny of the cost.

I distinctly remember an issue that arose awhile ago when a old Frontier director was using the Frontier mailing list sheets to recruit for a junior corps and the current Frontier director, at the time, had a conniption over it and now the exact same thing just apparently happened. He went off and formed a "new corps" and used Frontier as a recruiting pool. It's a pretty hypocritical situation. It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal if they just announced a name change but calling it a whole new corps totally discredits a lot of hard working individuals that founded Frontier Drum and Bugle Corps. It's taking credit for their work. And now they're saying that Frontier is still welcome to field their own corps even though all their money, equipment, members, and show have been taken.

And, if it was really a whole new corps, shouldn't they have to apply for everything over again including non profit status?

Hmmmmm. Sounds like someone has a real axe to grind. Instead of doing it here, why don't you do it face-to-face with these people? BE A MAN!

(PS: I have nothing to do with either of these groups. Just tired of seeing people mouth off about corps on here and not actually being man enough to actually do something about it. Guess us oldtimers did things differently.......)