Senseless Death

Just go to www.socaldream.org, we have the tribute page for Robert and Dream has set-up a Memorial Fund for them...

I'll make sure he's family get all the kind word for our Drum Corps Community...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sam...

It is with a deep sadness that I report that SoCal Dream has lost one of our 2008 battery members in a senseless gangland shooting.

Robert Rodwell, who marched snare was shot last night just after returning home from a City Sound Rehearsal. He was running an errand to the store for items to celebrate his daughter's birthday when a gang member dressed in black with hooded mask ran up to the car and asked him if he was a gang member. Robert repeatedly told him "NO I'm not a gang Member", the assailant didn't like his answer and shot him in the chest 2 times. Robert, who just recently celebrated his 29th birthday, passed away early this morning.

Robert was a former student of our director, Nate Lewis, marching in the City Sound Winter Drumline. He went on to play snare for the Santa Clara Vanguard and just last year joined SoCal Dream. He returned to City Sound this year as an instructor. Ironically, it was his dream to give young kids in his community alternatives to gang violence through music.

I only got to know Robert last year, but his huge smile, friendly personality, and love of music are the things I will always remember about him. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and his extended drum corps family.

Rest in Peace my brother. We will hear your drumming in the heavens.

---Bob---

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=...&id=6814572

Condolences to Robert's family as well as SoCal, City Sound and SCV families.....

How senseless and tragic a loss for ALL of us in our activity, especially his young family and all of the children he was making a difference to in their lives. Prayers for his wife and Alonzo his young daughter.

Please help if you can...

Anyone with information about the murder is urged to call the L.A. Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.

Godspeed Robert...

Tony and Donna