Who would like a DCA Unit from maine?

Ive been part of 2 DCI startup corps during my Junior Eligibility time. Both didn't make it to the field. Now that ive aged out, ive always wanted to be part of creating a Drum corps. I happen to live in maine, so basically the question is would DCA like to see a Corps come out of Maine? or at least a mini corps and grow from there?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'd find anyone objecting to a new unit, especially one from Maine. A few years ago, people would've probably thought you were crazy. But now we have corps from the South, the West and everywhere in between. Maine is certainly not a stretch anymore. I say "go for it" and "best of luck!"

The more corps the better

The more corps the better

We have had corps here before way back before Drum Corps Died persay. Ive been part of the last 2 attempts to field a DCI unit. I think DCA is the way to go. IF anyone has some tips and some words of wisdom or help feel free to send them my way!

there was in the mid to late 80s a corps from Lewiston, but i can not remember their name

there was in the mid to late 80s a corps from Lewiston, but i can not remember their name

Weren't they the "Pine Tree Warriors" ?

Weren't they the "Pine Tree Warriors" ?

yes There were the Pine Tree warriors and after that the 20th amine regiment was the last DCI corps from maine. We have been without drum corps for too long.

x2

I have contacted a few of my contacts from when i marched with Dirigo Alliance and Atlantic Guardian. Im awaiting to hear back there. Im also trying to formulate a plan of attack, as well as a name. Any bits of help would be great!~

I have contacted a few of my contacts from when i marched with Dirigo Alliance and Atlantic Guardian. Im awaiting to hear back there. Im also trying to formulate a plan of attack, as well as a name. Any bits of help would be great!~

haha

Maine Attraction- and everyone needs Hair Bear hairdos instead of shakos/helmets/plumes, etc. :tongue::-)