Who would like a DCA Unit from maine?

The hopes are to have a meeting with some hopeful supporters here in the not to distant future and foruc on a mini corps. The problem we had when Atlantic Guardian was around was getting brass membership. We could rake in the Drummers, and any time we made a public performance it was moslty just us in the Drumline that came out. I believe this is still going to be the hurdle to jump. being an all age activity hopefully will allow that hurdle to drop. Slow and steady wins the race.

Anyone have name suggestions?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have name suggestions?

bump

Although I don't have a specific idea in mind, I suggest taking advantage of the unique location and come up with something that truly reflects on the State of Maine and its people. Maybe I'm way off here, but when I think of Maine, I think of rocky shores, and lighthouses and hearty people who kind of resemble the Gorton's fisherman. Maybe it's just me, but I'd be looking for a name that embodies that kind of image.

Maybe I'm way off here, but when I think of Maine, I think of rocky shores,

The Maine RockyShoresmen.

OK....I'll go away now...... :laughing:

Fran

The Maine RockyShoresmen.

OK....I'll go away now...... :laughing:

Fran

*sings the gordans fisherman* mabye that can be the first uniform some lobstah boots some wadahs! jk

The Manchester Muchachos, NH have been aggressivley changing and getting more members. They have ex-Spartan staff Chris Dufault on board along with Dave LaFond from BAC. Todd Breen runs the percussion also (ex-Spartan). They have been sponsoring DCI shows the past couple of years and are also DCI All-Age exhibition status. LOOK out for some BIG changes in the corps come this summer. I have been sworn to secrecy on that but it will step the corps up a notch for sure.

Amoskeag Sound is the Mini-Corps sponsored by the Muchachos with Dave Lafond. They have done well at DCA mini-corps and other mini-corps events.

Citations are still strong having absorbed at lot of Spartans. (I am a Charter member of the Citations).

BAC Sr. is always very "competitive" if you can say that in the alumni circuit. They can throw down with the best.

St Kevins is HUGE this year and Defenders are doing well also from what I hear.

Boston Crusaders are very Florida. I have some high school students down here in BAC as well as Pioneer, Blue Knights and now my bud, Dan the man, is in Madison this year. BAC management is still Boston based.

Edited by paradiddle

my records show Warriors from Lewiston ME came in 15th in 1986 and Marching Ambassadors also from Lewiston came in 18th in 1987

Check out the final DCI placement in 1986 for the 20th Maine Regiment, of Oakland, Maine. (38 horns, btw)

As far as junior corps go at present, there are currently five kids from Maine marching in the Citations, and loving it.

On a different note, I would like to mention that since 2000 the (Florida???) Boston Crusaders have been home to 19 members from Maine, including the Drum Majors in 04, 05, and 06. BAC's move in begins tomorrow in New Hampshire, and I can't wait! :laughing:

Check out the final DCI placement in 1986 for the 20th Maine Regiment, of Oakland, Maine. (38 horns, btw)

As far as junior corps go at present, there are currently five kids from Maine marching in the Citations, and loving it.

On a different note, I would like to mention that since 2000 the (Florida???) Boston Crusaders have been home to 19 members from Maine, including the Drum Majors in 04, 05, and 06. BAC's move in begins tomorrow in New Hampshire, and I can't wait! :laughing:

Its so great that so many people from maine have gone to Citations. In 2007 i was the only one in the corps from Maine. With the Fall of Sptartans they are the only open class home team.

The Manchester Muchachos, NH have been aggressivley changing and getting more members. They have ex-Spartan staff Chris Dufault on board along with Dave LaFond from BAC. Todd Breen runs the percussion also (ex-Spartan). They have been sponsoring DCI shows the past couple of years and are also DCI All-Age exhibition status. LOOK out for some BIG changes in the corps come this summer. I have been sworn to secrecy on that but it will step the corps up a notch for sure.

Amoskeag Sound is the Mini-Corps sponsored by the Muchachos with Dave Lafond. They have done well at DCA mini-corps and other mini-corps events.

Citations are still strong having absorbed at lot of Spartans. (I am a Charter member of the Citations).

BAC Sr. is always very "competitive" if you can say that in the alumni circuit. They can throw down with the best.

St Kevins is HUGE this year and Defenders are doing well also from what I hear.

Boston Crusaders are very Florida. I have some high school students down here in BAC as well as Pioneer, Blue Knights and now my bud, Dan the man, is in Madison this year. BAC management is still Boston based.

Hey now.... don't forget about us and Mass Brass!