OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

So after watching thier show...for the 3rd time this season...I still don't get it.

Yes the Guard uni is wack, although the red cover they where in the beginning could be made into something decent. looks dark and mysterious

Yes the M/M is bad

Yes the Olive Drab green with Red sash leaves something to be desired

Yes the visual/GE needs to be better.

Get that. But the Scouts have been struggling with thier identity for a few years now. Everyone should go to DCI's Fan Network and watch the following shows:

1981 - Power, Power, Power. Where is that today? Yes I know the drill back then doesn't compare to today. But that Guard is friggen AWESOME! and I'm a drummer. The Guard looks like a power guard...they are a all male Corps for a reason!...POWER!! Look at those rifles!!! I get that today's color Guard want to "look" graceful and flowing but its getting rediculous, they are not SCV or Phantom...THIS IS MADISON! They need to look like powerful men who make all the girls scream!!! Put the Guard back in vest's and Lats. (totally not trying to sound chauvinistic, promise)

1991, 1992 - City of Angles. Could be the Scouts finest shows...imo. Same as above for the guard. The drill was fast, sure could have been cleaner but wow. Horn line was loud and proud!! Drum line was awesome! AND...they look like the Madison Scouts. Big red sequin sash with matching guantlets, White hat with matching red sequins. Guard was in cool looking Gold vest's with canes. Just overall and amazing look and show for the scouts.

Here are some simple fixes for madison.

1. Bring back the Jazz shows!!

2. Bring back the Attitude and Power!!!!

3. Make the Guard look powerful...stop putting them in fluffy crap. or some tights that no one gets.

4. Bring back the Company Front from the end-zone marching on the field.

5. Bring back Rifles and Flag tossing!! You don't think kids today would think that was BA?? when I let my 15yr old watch this with me last night, he said that was friggen awesome and wishes he could see that more in today's show's (a whole other topic...you wonder what's happened to DCI...Corps stopped playing for the fans and started playing for judges...pretty sure they don't pay to see you...just sayin)

but most of all...BRING BACK THE MADISON SHOWS THAT EVERYONE IN THE CROWD CAN'T WAIT TO JUMP UP OFF THE STANDS AND SCREAM FOR MORE!!!!

BRING BACK MADISON!!!!!

(rant over)

Edited by rainshdw

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1981 - Power, Power, Power. Where is that today? Yes I know the drill back then doesn't compare to today. But that Guard is friggen AWESOME! and I'm a drummer. The Guard looks like a power guard...they are a all male Corps for a reason!...POWER!! Look at those rifles!!! I get that today's color Guard want to "look" graceful and flowing but its getting rediculous, they are not SCV or Phantom...THIS IS MADISON! They need to look like powerful men who make all the girls scream!!! Put the Guard back in vest's and Lats. (totally not trying to sound chauvinistic, promise)

1991, 1992 - City of Angles. Could be the Scouts finest shows...imo. Same as above for the guard. The drill was fast, sure could have been cleaner but wow. Horn line was loud and proud!! Drum line was awesome! AND...they look like the Madison Scouts. Big red sequin sash with matching guantlets, White dixie hat with matching red sequins. Guard was in cool looking Gold vest's with canes. Just overall and amazing look and show for the scouts.

I completely agree.

Has it been only 4 years since the Scouts were beating the Cavaliers? It seems like a lifetime.

It has been... The last time the Scouts beat the Cavaliers was early 1998 - at Michigan City. I really liked the Madison 1998 show - pure Scouts!

I haven't gone back and looked, but I believe Scouts did beat the Cavaliers in July of '05. May have been around the 4th. I'm sure someone will confirm - or not.

It has been... The last time the Scouts beat the Cavaliers was early 1998 - at Michigan City. I really liked the Madison 1998 show - pure Scouts!

I was at finals at the 98 show...they were awesome and your right...pure scouts!! 99 Jesus Christ Superstar was pure Madison too!!

Edited by rainshdw

yes I marched 81-83 :)

Some of my favorite Scouts shows - especially '81, and '83.

I was at finals at the 98 show...they were awesome and your right...pure scouts!!

If Madison were to strive for a new direction, though, the 1999 JC Superstar show is my favorite Madison show in decades. That is the type of show/style that Madison excels at.

I haven't gone back and looked, but I believe Scouts did beat the Cavaliers in July of '05. May have been around the 4th. I'm sure someone will confirm - or not.

that was my 3rd year in the corps.

we never beat the cavies head to head...BUT we were ranked 1st for a couple days around that time, I believe it was the Cedarburg show that gave us the highest score.