OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking on the schedule for a while now and drooling. There is a 4 day block Madison doesn't have a show - perfect time to fix some problem areas and make the perfect tweaks.

Scores have kinda stalled and corps Madison was beating now have passed them. I hope these new changes will push them back ahead of the Glassmen into a solid Top 12 placement. From what I can see on the recaps brass book is doing pretty well, but GE, Colorguard and percussion are getting the biggest hits from the judges, esp in GE.

I know a few good changes can sure push a corps in the right direction (UP) - look at the Cadets during the 90s. They would start out with one show (and man it was dirty) and by Aug they'd have a completely different show on the field and it would be squeeky clean.

Let's hope the men of Madison can getter done. I'd like to see them in the Top 12 for all the Regional shows this year! Even better yet in the Top 10!

~these days off will bring change~

Dave

I'm hoping for a bit of change for them.

Things I was impressed with at Mich. City:

The overall brass section/writing.

The overall marching package seems to be well executed and instructed

Things I was not so impressed with:

Color Guard. Is once again, a disaster area for them.

GE Vis. Nothing is tied together very well. Hoping for some re-writes to correct.

Percussion. I couldn't hear the next group with all the dirt crammed in my ears.

Do I think the Men of Madison can make finals? Yes.

Do they have a loooooooooong way to go in achieving that goal? Yes.

Did anyone check the most recent Tweet from MadisonCorps? It seems to suggest some good work has been accomplished. I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing it! Good luck to ALL groups as the regionals begin.

I'm hoping for a bit of change for them.

Things I was impressed with at Mich. City:

The overall brass section/writing.

The overall marching package seems to be well executed and instructed

Things I was not so impressed with:

Color Guard. Is once again, a disaster area for them.

GE Vis. Nothing is tied together very well. Hoping for some re-writes to correct.

Percussion. I couldn't hear the next group with all the dirt crammed in my ears.

Do I think the Men of Madison can make finals? Yes.

Do they have a loooooooooong way to go in achieving that goal? Yes.

Good assessment!

About the guard, I am holding hope it gets better. They REALLY improved last summer. It was a defining moment in their season really. I think we can expect more of that this year (I hope). Any word on the colorguard front? They seem to be the buzz this year!

Does anyone know the time and location for the Scouts rehearsal in the Denver area for this Saturday?

Does anyone know the time and location for the Scouts rehearsal in the Denver area for this Saturday?

On the Madison Scout facebook page they have a section called "do you have a question for the Scouts?"

where you can post questions. It looks like response time is usually in a day or so.

I do know that their housing facility in Colorado is Valley High School in Gilcrest, Co.

How long they'll be there I do not know.

The Scouts are looking for volunteers to help while they're out west - if you'd like to help out look up

the volunteer section on the Scouts web site.

Go Scouts!!

On the Madison Scout facebook page they have a section called "do you have a question for the Scouts?"

where you can post questions. It looks like response time is usually in a day or so.

I do know that their housing facility in Colorado is Valley High School in Gilcrest, Co.

How long they'll be there I do not know.

The Scouts are looking for volunteers to help while they're out west - if you'd like to help out look up

the volunteer section on the Scouts web site.

Go Scouts!!

Thanks. I will check out the facebook page and see if I can get the answer.

I've been looking on the schedule for a while now and drooling. There is a 4 day block Madison doesn't have a show - perfect time to fix some problem areas and make the perfect tweaks.

I'm getting ready to head out to their rehearsal, and will definitely catch their ensemble from 7-9. I expect to be POW'd!!!!