OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Famous? FAMOUS?! Good lord man with your extensive career you must have, at the very least, a passing familiarity with 'the girl from Waunakee'. Why, over the years she has inspired generations of songs, stories and visits to the clinic. While Helen of Troy may be credited with launching a thousand ships, 'the girl from Waunakee' has launched a hundred bus's and defiled at least one New Orleans street-car. She is a legend, dare I say an icon and when she sings...whoo boy, when she sings it is really and truly OVER!

Your words sir shall be credited to my momentary lapse as I found myself in the throws of indecent adventures and contemplating the status of my immunization history. But, I have overcome the curs-id fever, and I am here to report that I am back amongst the living......Now, if I could only remove that high pitched singing from my head. (Hmm.......what's the computer say today regarding the weather in Waunakee?)

Edited by Mad75

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your words sir shall be credited to my momentary lapse as I found myself in the throws of indecent adventures and contemplating the status of my immunization history. But, I have overcome the curs-id fever, and I am here to report that I am back amongst the living......Now, if I could only remove that high pitched singing from my head. (Hmm.......what's the computer say today regarding the weather in Waunakee?)

Welcome back into the light sir and a hearty ‘Prost!’ to the girl from Waunakee…may she live on in our memories and delight generations of Madison men well into the future (well…at least until ‘the girl from Sun Prairie’ gets wind of this).

MYNWA

P.S. - The weather report from Waunakee is as it should be with the Corps rolling into their final push…stormy.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...;weekday=Monday

Welcome back into the light sir and a hearty ‘Prost!’ to the girl from Waunakee…may she live on in our memories and delight generations of Madison men well into the future (well…at least until ‘the girl from Sun Prairie’ gets wind of this).

MYNWA

P.S. - The weather report from Waunakee is as it should be with the Corps rolling into their final push…stormy.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...;weekday=Monday

I grew up in Sun Prairie, and I assure you that 'the girl' from the haunt of Jimmy the Ground Hog has nothing on the sweet 'tones' emanating from Wuanakee!

Well, here he is...the newest Madison Scout fan just minutes before having his face torn off in Lawrence, Ma last Friday night.

scoutfan.jpg

Thanks again to the men for putting on a great show, thanks to Jeff Cleveland for taking the time to chat with us after the show and thanks to the entire Madison Scout organization for upholding a great and noble tradition of dedication and commitment.

Good luck men, BYBO and MYNWA,

Ken

Well, here he is...the newest Madison Scout fan just minutes before having his face torn off in Lawrence, Ma last Friday night.

scoutfan.jpg

Thanks again to the men for putting on a great show, thanks to Jeff Cleveland for taking the time to chat with us after the show and thanks to the entire Madison Scout organization for upholding a great and noble tradition of dedication and commitment.

Good luck men, BYBO and MYNWA,

Ken

Very nice!! Mrs Obvious says he is a cute boy and she hopes to see him in Indy.

Our "little one" will age out this year - proudly in a Madison Scout uniform. Your turn will come! (does he have a tat yet?) :thumbdown:

Edited by MrObvious

Very nice!! Mrs Obvious says he is a cute boy and she hopes to see him in Indy.

Our "little one" will age out this year - proudly in a Madison Scout uniform. Your turn will come! (does he have a tat yet?) :thumbdown:

Thanks and congratulations to you and your son…I know that you must be very proud of him. Rest assured that the old guard out here shares your pride and wishes nothing but the best for your son and all of the men of Madison as they make their final push towards nationals.

MYNWA,

Ken

P.S. - No tat yet...I suggested a tasteful little fleur for his first birthday but his mother remains unconvinced...women.

P.S. - No tat yet...I suggested a tasteful little fleur for his first birthday but his mother remains unconvinced...women.

They had temporary tats at the Scouts souvie booth last year. I'm guessing that there are still some hanging around. Would be worth the price of admission to "tat" your son and then show your wife! If you do, be sure to post pix!