Official 2009 Crossmen Thread

Apparently due to massive amounts of rain, lundry day today. Not sure what this means for the "free" day Sunday in Jackson.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little dose of close competition would help the adrenaline. But, the lack of it does give them the opportunity to put in new stuff and work out the kinks without much danger of someone else beating you.

I'm hoping they've used the day off to add some of the stuff heyjude1202's son is talking about.

Their next encounter with a "11-15" corps will be Spirit and Glassmen on July 11th in Orlando.

How many people besides me think Orlando should be kind of a deadline for the corps to have most of their bells & whistles in the show, as in the storyline?

Not a bad goal, I would think most corps will have their show pretty much where they want it by then, with fairly minimal changes after that. However, it isn't terribly uncommon to see some corps unveil tidbit changes/additions here and there right up through finals week.

Tonight's show is on the DCI On Demand video schedule. The Crossmen haven't had a webcast or VOD of their show yet.

All the more reason to hope that the show goes on.

On the topic of finishing the show, I wonder if the staff wanted to have some things in by this show because of the VOD. Or, they may not even be aware.

Verified that the the corps is doing laundry, nothing else to do.

Loved reading the Crossmen Chronicles...

Highlights:

2009 New members receiving their necklaces

Part three ending determined by a large crowd gathered at rehearsal...cool

crossmen chronicles are updated? i am off to read them! I checked in the last day or so and there was nothing since the 24th (i think)

Tonight's show is on the DCI On Demand video schedule. The Crossmen haven't had a webcast or VOD of their show yet.

All the more reason to hope that the show goes on.

On the topic of finishing the show, I wonder if the staff wanted to have some things in by this show because of the VOD. Or, they may not even be aware.

from the way the crossmen have been [not] using the fannetwork, I would lean more towards the "they aren't aware / don't care" side.

Edited by soccerguy315

from the way the crossmen have been [not] using the fannetwork, I would lean more towards the "they aren't aware / don't care" side.

They don't use Fan Network, because they don't have anyone on staff shooting video....well, they may be shooting video, but they don't know how to format the file so that it is suitable for Fan Network. They need someone who knows how to edit videos and they do not have anyone on staff that can do it. Fred Morrison would love it if someone volunteered for that job, he told me so himself.

Any takers???!!!

Edited by xbones7480

well, that is certainly a valid reason, heh. I know basically nothing about various computer video files, so unfortunately I am no help. I assume there is a basic software that could change video on a computer into any form... DCI should help them out with that; at least explain what they would need to do. Some corps have obviously figured it out, but there are definitely others that don't have stuff up also. The more corps that use fan network the better it is for DCI.

In the future they might be able to snag a summer video/editing person (and volunteer) as an unpaid internship.

I would love to the videos for them but I'd have to quit my job first.

Weather update: I took a look at the radar and it's looking good for now. Dare I get optimistic?