NEW SPIRIT F.N. VIDEO

I agree as well. I saw the corps in ensemble this week and have been impressed with their development this year. I think many will be surprised with what they hear and see from Spirit. I saw a corps with a clear design, accessible music, effective drill and a very efficient and well run corps. All signs of a step in the right direction with the new design team and instructional staff.

The arrangements are fresh, and yet classic Boerma, while Shane Gwaltney's writing and the percussion will be a strong suit of the corps again. The brass in particular already have a maturity of sound that they have not had this early in recent past. I did not see much guard work and we all know how big of an impact that will have on the ultimate success of this show. If that is solid, I see this corps having a chance to make the night show again after last year's step backward.

Congrats to the members and staff thus far and here's wishing them a successful season!

They really seem hungry and I suppose missing finals for the first time in 4 years will do that to you...

Edited by trumpetcam

Yeah, I was thinking the cameraman must be a total idiot zooming in on the drum but then wondered how many bones Pearl and Evans must be throwing into the activity. I know some may see this as a biased opinion, given my history and experience, but I think Spirit's line is better than last year's line after watching them the other day. Impressive again this year....Shane has those boys packing heat...

...so if the stars are aligning correctly it could be a very good year for Spirit.

i really think he just liked the shiny spot on the drum.

I am so excited to finally see a thread devoted to the good things going on at Spirit. Not much "love" for Spirit in some other threads.

All that being said, I am stoked about this show, lots of potential.

Good luck Spirit!

I'll probably be going to watch their rehearsal sometime at the end of this week or next. Sounded fantastic at the picnic though. I really love where this show is headed.