DCP-I XII Season Discussion

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it wasn't me. I am rolling the dice heavy on mine....especially World Class.

Not too worried. A "Dupe Message" in season 10 forced me into option B. Well options B ended up beating option A for the title. So lots of things can happen between now and the weekend.

Not too worried. A "Dupe Message" in season 10 forced me into option B. Well options B ended up beating option A for the title. So lots of things can happen between now and the weekend.

It usually works that way. I was just telling someone this week that back in the old FDCI...season 19. In those Dr. Jeff days you made your last caption change at mid season and rode out your caption picks to the end. The old timers like Gary will remember. I remember this season well because Madison came out smoking that "live" season with great GE scores earlier on and were a real bargain. Everyone was jumping on the band wagon. Well I ended up missing the caption cutoff by like 2 hours. I was locked into mine which I was carrying Cadets GE captions then. I figured oh well there goes... I end up taking 2nd place to Gary and The Knights at Finals.. Madison faded....and the rest was history.

Late for caption changes today... definitely got the dupe alert on Class A. But I got my third pick. Oh well!

I just made my caption change without a dupe message, I sure hope it'll give The GG that extra little boost and that's all they'll need, but more than likely it will probably do the opposite. Just hope we can stay somewhere in the coveted top 12. As I'm sure we all do right now. This is getting suspenseful.

Both the Firebird Cadets (Open Class) and the Front Rangers (Class A) were knocked out of competition last night, so all of CODCE's hopes and dreams for this season now rest on Firebird up in world class. Put in some changes during morning rehearsal to boost Visual scores, now all we can do is cross our fingers and wait for the scores :bluedevil:

Good performance day/night for us. Hawaii (3rd) and Cross (2nd) make finals....mission accomplished....just glad to be there this season. Jupiter (6th) passes first test at Quarters.

Cal Knights take the dreaded Quarters spot but they look like a solid title contender on Sat night.

Nice to see that The Detroit City Council and Dude, Where's My Corps? got their acts together for Semi-Finals and are moving on to Finals tonight! This is such a competitive season I was worried about their chances.

The Corps of Unspecified Identity is working extremely hard today.

I'm really surprised to see Kosmos out of the competition already! Just adds emphasis on how competitive things are.

Same goes with Glory of Aurora and Glory of Eden...

A lot of new names at the top this year! Congratulations to everyone who advances to the next round.

And look at all these ties near the top! Holy smokes!

Edited by Chris Rohn

Well the VK Org. is happy thus far. In Open Class VK Too limped into Finals with an 11th place finish in Semi-finals. I think some of the kids had a nervous performance having been in medal contention after Quaters. May they'll be able to relax and just have fun performace come finals.

VK³ was pretty solid. Came into Semi-finals in 5th and held court. Not worried about trying to move up into medal contention, because changes that were to be put into the show, was found out to be already being done by another corps. (TWICE) Either way they get one more run of the show and that'a really all that counts.

I almost forgot, the Velour Knights came off the Quarter-final field knowning they just threw down one heck of a show and the judges agreed placing them 3rd in the 1st round of championships. Now if they can have the same type of performance tonight I think goal will have been met in making finals.

Edited by Ex VK DM