Pittsburgh Playhouse

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here comes Crown. Sounds like a good sized group of fans in the stands for them tonight.

Love this pre-show. They added storm effects from the pit, though. Wasn't expecting that. Nice contrast to the horns playing Promise of Living behind them.

There is no help. Look at me.

No, seriously, look at me. Guy sitting at the table on the 30, side 1, typing away in the little netbook on DCP. Pathetic, I tell ya. :tongue:

I love that you are addicted, so aren't 75 percent of folks who are on here. Good Review so far!!!

They time the announcement of the corps well with the two beat rest before the big hit of Promise. Corps immediately starts dissolving as the drums and pit go nuts.

The corps parking was a nightmare. They had us going through this really tight nieghborhood with sharp turns and lots of hills. Let's just say this show is not in a very drum corps friendly deriving area.

Sounds like the same as when I marched the Cumberland show with Kilties back in 98. Lots of hills, side streets with parking on boths sides. I followed the busses with my 38ft motorhome. Inches to spare.

I almost feel like this is supposed to be the tornado carrying Dorothy, Toto, and the house away from Kansas.

Just got low brassed in the face. I highly recommend it.

I must admit, while I loved the horn sound when Crown was on Kings, they managed to maintain that well balanced, lush tone upon switching to Yamahas. I guess good craftsmen really don't blame their tools.

Weird dirigidoo sound from the synth during both tenor and snare solos.