Citations Scores

Citations received a very healthy score "out of the gate." I will be interested to see the break down when they get a full panel. Looks like possibly a very strong year for their guard and their percussion program (and the rest, I believe, will hold their own).

DCI Score Page, Brockton, MA

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citations received a very healthy score "out of the gate." I will be interested to see the break down when they get a full panel. Looks like possibly a very strong year for their guard and their percussion program (and the rest, I believe, will hold their own).

DCI Score Page, Brockton, MA

Highest starting score in the corps' history by FAR. Very "healthy" indeed. While I'm incredibly happy for the Citations getting such a strong start, I think what will get lost in all of these scores discussions is the fact that 7th Regiment also came up with a very respectable start to their year. In the first few years of their existence they hadn't even reached their score of 67.5 at any point in the season.

It's incredibly promising for both corps to know that their starting score for this year exceeds most of their FINALS placements in their histories.

Now that Jersey Surf and ECJ are out of the Open Class picture, and Spartans are taking time away from the activity, could we see a potential future New England/North-east friendly rivalry brewing? I'd love to see these two corps thrive in coming years and push each other to do better, a la Spartans/East Coast.

Sounds like a great job by all three.

Congratulations.

I believe that all three opened with all time bests.

Can't wait to see what Teal, Raiders, Blue Saints and Dutch Boy get as they come out later this week.

Should be a real great and fun season.

Great start for all three. Extremely interested in 7th's score. While the Citations score was somewhat expected with their recent capitalization on the Spartans issues, 7th has remained an after thought. While still small in size their program and performance continue to grow year to year. They have an excellent staff and it is starting to show. Great start 7th and good luck down the road.

No offense to these corps but these scores sound inflated.

Hmmm...East Coast Open class inflation??? LOL

jk...I dont buy into it...though it seems scores tend to settle when a larger number of corps are at one show. Great start by these corps!!

Was very happy to see both Citations and 7th Regiment start out so strong. Looking forward to getting on the road and seeing everyone

No offense to these corps but these scores sound inflated.

You know, that could be the case - regardless this is indication of a strong start. It is often natural that, as the "frame of reference" becomes more clearly and richly defined, the additional gradients impose limiting factors on evaluation.

You know, that could be the case - regardless this is indication of a strong start. It is often natural that, as the "frame of reference" becomes more clearly and richly defined, the additional gradients impose limiting factors on evaluation.

I agree that could be the case. I was at the show and regardless of the score Citations and 7th are looking strong and Spirit made a good showing as well.

Citations and 7th represented the N.E. area well. 7th has def. taken steps in the right direction to forward their quest for a top 12 spot.. The Citations have picked up where they left off last year... beautiful sound, great improvements in percussion and a guard that was already breath taking at times. The Northeast has a chance for another medalist in DCI with this corps.

Scores were pretty consistent with the national trends for early season.

The worst part of Saturday night.. was realizing that the Northeast has losts its drum corps. Three competing groups left.

Good luck to everyone.