Conquistadors Winterguard 2010 Show Announcement

Press Release 6/28/09

Binghamton, NY

The Conquistadors Winterguard of Binghamton, NY would like to officially announce intent to compete in the Mid York Colorguard Circuit in 2010. The program was set to perform in 2009 but unforeseen circumstances prevented the group from continuing further and it was decided to wait one more year.

With that we would like to also announce our show theme for the 2010 season will be Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.

**Note from the Director: "In light of the recent tragedy of the death of Michael Jackson I felt it necessary to add that this is not a tribute show. We had decided on our show theme in April and have been finalizing plans before making this announcement. We had a meeting this past weekend to decide if we should choose a different show due to the inevitable flood of Michael Jackson Tribute Shows that will most likely be seen throughout the various circuits this season. We decided to continue as planned."

The Conquistadors Winterguard is also asking for donations to help us meet our financial goals for the season. If interested, please visit our website: www.ConquistadorsWinterguard.org. All donors will be listed on our site as a token of our appreciation.

We're still finalizing staff. Don't want to jump the gun on that one!

Starting in Novice per the advice of the circuit and hopefully being moved up to IRA.

Press Release 6/28/09

Binghamton, NY

The Conquistadors Winterguard of Binghamton, NY would like to officially announce intent to compete in the Mid York Colorguard Circuit in 2010. The program was set to perform in 2009 but unforeseen circumstances prevented the group from continuing further and it was decided to wait one more year.

With that we would like to also announce our show theme for the 2010 season will be Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.

**Note from the Director: "In light of the recent tragedy of the death of Michael Jackson I felt it necessary to add that this is not a tribute show. We had decided on our show theme in April and have been finalizing plans before making this announcement. We had a meeting this past weekend to decide if we should choose a different show due to the inevitable flood of Michael Jackson Tribute Shows that will most likely be seen throughout the various circuits this season. We decided to continue as planned."

The Conquistadors Winterguard is also asking for donations to help us meet our financial goals for the season. If interested, please visit our website: www.ConquistadorsWinterguard.org. All donors will be listed on our site as a token of our appreciation.

RE- think your show. SYTYCD was told by Sony they couldnt use Jackson Stuff so I'm sure it will be on the WGI and local restricted list. BUT I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who works for a recording Co. and he had said the same thing that they were waiting on some info from either the family lawyers or his lable and they were anticipating this very thing.

Welll at least it's early for you.

Good Luck

To my knowledge......you can compete in Mid York without the music license thing but if you want to be included in the championship video you will have to do the music licensing thing. I could be wrong about that but it seems I remember that.

That is the last info I heard as well. I have a call into Sony with no answer yet and we are looking at the possibility of another song at this point.