Troopers, Pioneer, Crown, Etc

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to ask a simple general question(s) Im not looking for bashers, just opinions..

MY question(s) are these

Does Troopers have potential to make top 12 this year? Im hoping ... and it looks early on like they do have potential

Does Crown have potential to make top 3? Right now it sure looks like it does

Does Pioneer have potential to move up in score from prior years and maybe catch a corps or two come finals? looks like they might..

I would like to hear some feedback and maybe some insight to other corps that have potential to make major moves this year..

I have not seen any corps this year live (only the free webcast) I wont get to see a show until Buffalo.

Just want to know what other people think, or who they are watching out for this year

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what we've seen so far:

Troop I think has what takes to make a run at top 12. A fun, well executed show and they have been climbing the ranks since they got back.

Pio I don't think will finish dead last. Which will be a nice improvement. Dead last will be reserved for either Cascades or Surf. I would love to see Pio back on Friday night again.

Crown. I find it very had to root for Crown because their fan base is so unrelentingly annoying and I think their shows are a tad bando BUT they do seem to have the pieces in place to make a nice run at top 3 and dare I say a title.

Of course, scores are meaningless until San Antonio. Until everyone is judged on the same day by the same panel, scores don't mean ####. And what a day that will be.

Troop I think has what takes to make a run at top 12. A fun, well executed show and they have been climbing the ranks since they got back.

Pio I don't think will finish dead last. Which will be a nice improvement. Dead last will be reserved for either Cascades or Surf. I would love to see Pio back on Friday night again.

Crown. I find it very had to root for Crown because their fan base is so unrelentingly annoying and I think their shows are a tad bando BUT they do seem to have the pieces in place to make a nice run at top 3 and dare I say a title.

Of course, scores are meaningless until San Antonio. Until everyone is judged on the same day by the same panel, scores don't mean ####. And what a day that will be.

Be nice to see when everyone has the same panel..

I've only seen Troopers out of the group you are asking. I would say that top 12 is probably not realistic based on what I've seen in the past and from what I've seen of Blue Knights, Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Vanguard. I think 14-17 is where they will end up. It is a good show and they should make semis.

I don't think anyone can say until San Antonio unfortunately about anything of these sorts. Unless someone has traveled and seen all these shows live (I'd like to be you) I don't think they can say the answers to these questions. They are good questions though. All three are possible.

I don't think anyone can say until San Antonio unfortunately about anything of these sorts. Unless someone has traveled and seen all these shows live (I'd like to be you) I don't think they can say the answers to these questions. They are good questions though. All three are possible.

Good point, but.. do people think early on.. that they will see interesting results even at San Antonio, or hoping for some surprises even early on. Or just no expectations until finals week.

Surf won't be at San Antonio- they basically have two weeks off after the show in Jackson NJ and don't resume until Murfreesboro. That said, they look like they're off to a good start by making a 3 point jump tonight.

Pioneer- Depends on how well they use their own 10-day break starting soon. I honestly have no idea about moving up until I see how Cascades start off. Tomorrow will be a very telling day because all 22 corps are finally in competition on the same day (albeit at different shows)

Crown- has the closest thing I've seen to really capturing the "Star '93" vibe. A definite top-3 show and a probable contender.

Troopers- I honestly don't know. I loved the show concept when I saw the Stanford broadcast but they were HORRID dirty that night. Lots of time to clean up, but they're in the mix of corps from Spirit down to Colts, all of whom are also getting clean. Judges seem to like what Spirit's doing this year so I'll hedge my bets and say an improved standing in semis (should be able to finish ahead of Colts this year and maybe challenge Scouts) but not make the top 12 because there are too many other corps like BK and Glassmen further ahead.

Surf won't be at San Antonio- they basically have two weeks off after the show in Jackson NJ and don't resume until Murfreesboro. That said, they look like they're off to a good start by making a 3 point jump tonight.

Pioneer- Depends on how well they use their own 10-day break starting soon. I honestly have no idea about moving up until I see how Cascades start off. Tomorrow will be a very telling day because all 22 corps are finally in competition on the same day (albeit at different shows)

Crown- has the closest thing I've seen to really capturing the "Star '93" vibe. A definite top-3 show and a probable contender.

Troopers- I honestly don't know. I loved the show concept when I saw the Stanford broadcast but they were HORRID dirty that night. Lots of time to clean up, but they're in the mix of corps from Spirit down to Colts, all of whom are also getting clean. Judges seem to like what Spirit's doing this year so I'll hedge my bets and say an improved standing in semis (should be able to finish ahead of Colts this year and maybe challenge Scouts) but not make the top 12 because there are too many other corps like BK and Glassmen further ahead.

Valid point about the Troopers, but thats the interesting thing, corps also plateau through out the season and other corps make moves... like last year.. Blue Stars moved in to beat BK in finals, and Phantom moved in to take the whole thing. Crossmen at all events made the finals last year until Finals Week were Madison passed them.

IMO, Crown has a very good chance to win it all come August 8. Troopers, thus far, have as good a chance as any to crack into the Top 12. Pioneers may or may not finish dead last again, however, I don't see them going up the register by much, it at all. To say they have a chance at making semis is just plain absurd and wishful thinking. But any move up the ladder is a marked improvement for a corps who has been stuck in last place for so many years.

Edited by morganhill