Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

Dutch Boy - Kitchener, ON

Revolution - San Antonio, TX

Racine Scouts - Racine, WI

Capital Regiment - Columbus, OH

Dutch Boy on the scene from Canada to share in American independence.

Can anyone provide live reports?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotary Music FestivalFriday, July 3, 2009 - 7:00 PM Cedarburg, WIPhantom Regiment - Rockford, IL Madison Scouts - Madison, WI Colts - Dubuque, IA Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA Dutch Boy - Kitchener, ON Revolution - San Antonio, TX Racine Scouts - Racine, WI Capital Regiment - Columbus, OH Dutch Boy on the scene from Canada to share in American independence.Can anyone provide live reports?
bump

GO SCOUTS...POW!!!

Got to the show a little late, drove into the complex at one of the end zones and saw a totally packed house. Inquired about tickets. They're actually selling seats in the backfield for a lower price, and people are buying them. And then they were selling "premium" seats at regular price. There's no assigned seating on these tickets. The woman said that it was crowded but that I should just ask someone to move. I did find a seat in the third row and on the right 28-yard-line, for which a guy was kind enough to move over for me.

Missed Capital Regiment, Racine Scouts. Caught the end of Revolution. They did seem sharper and more in the groove than at South Milwaukee the other night. Watched a small Duthch Boy corps -- 11 brass, 12 drums, nine pit, 6 color guard, I think. Nice effort and good job of the staff setting this show up to get the most of what they have. Skipped Colt Cadets to get back to my car and procure the computer. Intermission follows Colt Cadets. Scout drum line is practicing by my car. Cool. People hanging out and digging it.

This is a beautiful place. I had to go to an ATM because they wouldn't accept credit cards. Downtown was beautiful -- a really quaint, well maintained downtown. No For Lease signs in this place. The street was lined with chairs for tomorrow's parade. A really classic setting. It's a beautiful evening, too. The sun is actually out tonight and the temperature is perfect.

More to come, if I can maintain my battery.

Thanks for the update.

I'm interested in the changes/updates Phantom has after a week of rehearsal with only 2 shows.

Pioneer is setting up.I'm glad I decided to get back in here rather than watching Madison's drums. They didn't check my ticket on the way back in, which means people are coming in off the street and trying to pack into stands that alrready had very few seats to begin with.

Lights look great as it's getting darker. Pioneer should look great under th lights -- they sure did in South Milwaukee.

Regarding the shows I saw earlier. The crowd -- some eighten rows high on concert side -- was very warm and appreciative. Much different from the subdued crowd of the other night. Of cource, that could be because most don't have towork tomorrow.

Something cool: the other side of the field is lined with pine trees and the corps enter through a tunnel cut through the trees. Cool.