Columbia-n Coffee House

BK seems to have tendency to stagnate this season. Things aren't looking so great right now, but maybe they will heat up later on. San Antonio will probably tell a lot about every corps.

I don't know if that's necessarily the case... they've increased in score at every show, save for one, including a seven-tenths increase tonight over their last score. They seem to be progressing at roughly the same rate as similarly scoring corps. More than anything, they just haven't been in as many shows as other corps on the left coast tour.

I do think you're right, though... San Antonio will be very telling.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if that's necessarily the case... they've increased in score at every show, save for one, including a seven-tenths increase tonight over their last score. They seem to be progressing at roughly the same rate as similarly scoring corps. More than anything, they just haven't been in as many shows as other corps on the left coast tour.

I do think you're right, though... San Antonio will be very telling.

Like I said, time will tell. I'm really looking forward to seeing BK at Drums Along the Rockies in a few days. :thumbup: I think their show has tons of potential from what I hear. I would really like to see them get a higher place than last year, but that may not happen unless something changes. It is drum corps though, and if they get hot, some really good things can happen if it they get hot late in the season.

For comparison's sake -

2008(~7/6)

SCV - 80.150

BK - 79.05(This is the closest to this date last year I could find, and this date is actually 7/10)

Troop - 70.8

It's all coming down to the Visual for Troop. If they can get clean then the sky's the limit. If not...

Like I said, time will tell. I'm really looking forward to seeing BK at Drums Along the Rockies in a few days. :thumbup: I think their show has tons of potential from what I hear. I would really like to see them get a higher place than last year, but that may not happen unless something changes. It is drum corps though, and if they get hot, some really good things can happen if it they get hot late in the season.

Let's hope!

I do think it has a lot of potential. Haven't seen them since the Stanford webcast, where they were dirty as sin, but when they clean up, I don't see any reason why they can't continue to be competitive with Boston and Blue Stars. I too would like to see a better placement than last year, especially considering that it's a better show. Unfortunately (for BK, not the fans), it seems like everyone else is better, too, so it's going to be tougher than past years to hop up in the final standings. I do think them and Boston have the shows to overtake Blue Stars, though, so here's hoping!

Let's hope!

I do think it has a lot of potential. Haven't seen them since the Stanford webcast, where they were dirty as sin, but when they clean up, I don't see any reason why they can't continue to be competitive with Boston and Blue Stars. I too would like to see a better placement than last year, especially considering that it's a better show. Unfortunately (for BK, not the fans), it seems like everyone else is better, too, so it's going to be tougher than past years to hop up in the final standings. I do think them and Boston have the shows to overtake Blue Stars, though, so here's hoping!

Agreed Keith... I also think some of the reason their score has been a bit more stagnate/not advanced as fast as others, is that they have not actually seen the corps/gone head to head against those they will be competitng against. They're consistenlty getting stuck in the middle far above the corps below them and far below those above them... So I think Drums will be a good first indicator as more corps get added, but Houston/Dallas and San Antonio will definitely tell us a lot.... I feel this is by far the most competitive corps they've had both with the product and the players, but it's the year of the rise in the middle corps so we'll see... Have fun at Drums...

Wes P

BK '97 '98

Have fun at Drums...

Will do... And I just ordered a sweet HD camcorder that's supposed to come in time to take up to Windsor, so I'll be sure to post some lot footage on Facebook for you to check out.

Will do... And I just ordered a sweet HD camcorder that's supposed to come in time to take up to Windsor, so I'll be sure to post some lot footage on Facebook for you to check out.

sweeeeeeeeet :thumbup::thumbup::worthy::worthy::worthy: