Bridgemen 1977

If we're both on the same page, I think I remember that. I was in perc and Bobby Craig was the instructor. This kid walks into the gym one day and Bobby told us that he was one of the best sops going - he just needed some time to get his chops in shape, but like you said, the corps was short lived and I never did get a chance to hear him play. I wonder what Bobby is doing now. I remember that there were a lot of former Sac and Polish Falcons involved at the time.

We are on the same page. Bobby Craig was one of the finest snare drummers Blessed Sacrament ever had. Several other Golden Knights joined the Falcons after BS broke up in 1972. Joe and Tony Ross, Ken Stine, Jay Miele were a few of them. Joe Ross was the director of the short lived attempt of the junior corps you were part of.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Jim was in a league of his own. There was an old thread here talking about the best sop soloist. Jim topped most of the lists.

My list based on amount of recordings to judge from, after much research is... (10-1)

Tom Meredith Kilties

Tony Gambaro Avant Garde

Greg Blum Colts

Al Chez Cadets

Jerry Noonan North Star

Adam Rappa East Coast Jazz

Shaun Owens Madison Scouts

Chris Metzger Madison Scouts

Jeff Kevitt Muchachos

Jim Brady Bridgemen

Tony Gambaro also marched with Dutch Boy in 1986

<br />At 18 he walked away? What a shame.

Tommy Meredith also retired from drumcorps at age 18.

[And got into other undertakings.]

Hey Joe!

Yes, Jim is the same age as me, making him 17 in 1977. People may have thought he was older because he was playing phenomenal solos at a very young age, with the Saints, prior to his years with the Bridgemen.

It seemed to me as though everyone in the Bridgemen were older in 1977. After the DQ I just assumed that there were many guys that were in their 30's.....especially the ones with the facial hair....I had none back then....childish I must admit

It seemed to me as though everyone in the Bridgemen were older in 1977. After the DQ I just assumed that there were many guys that were in their 30's.....especially the ones with the facial hair....I had none back then....childish I must admit

Felix, where have you been hiding? Been a long time, brother!

Come on now... almost everyone (especially in drum corps) had facial hair, AND very long hair back then! :spitting:

I recall that anyone who may be a bit over the legal age would always be clean shaven. Other corps who would challenge somebody's age usaully picked out the bearded ones.

I have a compilation of all those guys with thier solos. I would be glad to share with anyone. It is basicly sop solo after sop solo. And all of the great Madison soloist. Nobody ever heard of Jon Schipper???? Also a great recording of Jimmy Centerino........this is pissa

Edited by BigShow

• 1 month later...
Agreed. Jim was in a league of his own. There was an old thread here talking about the best sop soloist. Jim topped most of the lists.

My list based on amount of recordings to judge from, after much research is... (10-1)

Tom Meredith Kilties

Tony Gambaro Avant Garde

Greg Blum Colts

Al Chez Cadets

Jerry Noonan North Star

Jeff Kevitt Muchachos

Jim Brady Bridgemen

'81 DCI Yearbook has a big picture of a Garfield soloist from the '80 season? Is that Al Chez?

Tom Meredith Kilties

Tony Gambaro Avant Garde

Greg Blum Colts

Al Chez Cadets

Jerry Noonan North Star

Jeff Kevitt Muchachos

Jim Brady Bridgemen

Hey what about that guy Cisco from the Blue Stars '71--'73? Dude ripped it open with Norwegian Wood and a few others. This list should go to 11.