Drums Along the Rockies - 7/11/09

Not true. Just because Wyoming is an underappreciated state does NOT give everyone an excuse to not know how many people live within its borders. And you obviously don't know, because it was actually ALL of Wyoming that showed up.

:thumbdown:

(This post is meant to be a joke. Just fyi.)

I like it!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan! Its connor lol. In my opinion, SCV's show is far better than BD's and I hope to see them overtake the Devils by championships week. People in the audience were crying at the company front, and I was about to jump out of my seat. I am a little disappointed that they asked fans not to do the Vanguard yell this year, I was looking forward to doing that at finals lol.

And Troopers really did surprise me, but I agree scores should have been closer

Dylan! Its connor lol. In my opinion, SCV's show is far better than BD's and I hope to see them overtake the Devils by championships week. People in the audience were crying at the company front, and I was about to jump out of my seat. I am a little disappointed that they asked fans not to do the Vanguard yell this year, I was looking forward to doing that at finals lol.

Far better? Youth!!

Thanks for the great review.

I hope someone from the Colts design team reads what you wrote on them - you are bang on! Let's hope they have some drill rewrites in the next week to put them in contention for a finalist spot.

Ha! I suppose we'll have to wait and see. But you are welcome for the review!

That might be the best review I've ever read by a teenager. You sure you're only 19? Great. insightful stuff.

One other question...why aren't you marching BK???? :thumbdown: From a BK alum who lives in Missouri, I can't tell you how lucky you are to have such an incredible youth organization right there in your backyard. I hope you take advantage of it in the next 2 years.

Again, great review!

Thank you for the compliment! I am 19, yes. I'm a music education major with the hopes of being a HS Band Director eventually, so I suppose it is good that some people think I *kind of* know what I'm talking about! ;)

Yeah, good link. Anyone who enjoys SCV's show should definitely check out the original Ballet...not the Suite version, but the complete one. Truly groundbreaking stuff. I particularly love the fire and brimstone pastor section. So gripping and emotional.

Also, Dylan, if you haven't seen this before, you should check out the DVDs on this website...

http://www.keepingscore.org/

Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony put these together...they aired on PBS a while back...the Copland episode is fantastic, and it gives you a whole new perspective on Ballet for Martha.

If you want a preview of that episode specifically, go here:

http://www.keepingscore.org/flash/copland/index.html

I agree- the original Ballet version is incredible. I go back and forth on liking it more than the Orchestral version. Right now, I do like it more! ;) I think it is so much more "intimate" than the orchestral version.

Thank you for those links, good stuff.

Yeah kid if you are only 19 I am in shock!! I follow corps pretty closely. Particularly the Colts this year since my daughter marches with them and I must say.....you have given the most accurate assessment of them I have read on here yet. GO MARCH NEXT YEAR!!!! GL to you.

Thank you! And I am hopefully going to be marching a corps next year, and then age out the year afterward, assuming that I get the money in order. But congratulations to your daughter! I really enjoy the Colts- I always do!

Hi Connor! I do like the Santa Clara Vanguard's show, too! Like I said, I could see why the Blue Devils were ahead of them tonight, but I really do see Santa Clara overtaking them eventually. Perhaps I am just wishful thinking... ;)

I ask simply out of curiosity and hope this question carries no negativity with it;

Did anyone else see the BD horn player take a fall last night? It was a real quick recovery but unfortunately the FN camera caught it. Just curious if anyone else noticed that.

I ask simply out of curiosity and hope this question carries no negativity with it;

Did anyone else see the BD horn player take a fall last night? It was a real quick recovery but unfortunately the FN camera caught it. Just curious if anyone else noticed that.

I was at the show and didn't see anything concerning a horn player. Where in the FN video?

I was at the show and didn't see anything concerning a horn player. Where in the FN video?

I noticed it too.

It's during the big moments of impact in the Copland piece -- when the corps is splitting apart and the rifles in the guard are pushing forward. Remember that part? Just as the hornline form is splitting, someone up front slips. Recovers very quickly, though.

I don't know. I like this show... but the ending seems really iffy, to me. And this performance seemed really. They seemed tired.

Edited by saxfreq1128

if you start the FN video at about 6:05 it will happen at the front right corner of the box. Pretty hard fall, but good recovery.