Blue Devils show

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely correct!! Go BD!

Not really - it's not TOO hard to judge difficulty.

The chairs are not what makes the show easier than the other corps in the top 4. I like the idea of doing something a little different in an attempt to create effect, whether it ends up working or not. Marching through the chairs makes for a cool effect similar to the intro to their 2007 program.

The drill...is just not very difficult compared to Crown/Cadets/Cavies. I don't understand how they're winning some of those visual captions. I'm not even sure they're the cleanest visually!

I am impressed with the guard, maybe DCI visual judges are too guard-centric? This has been mentioned on other threads.

They sound great but they sit and stand on chairs half the time...drill has no velocity or real difficulty except for few members in different parts of various forms.

just wish that they would challenge themselves more.

Does EVERY corps have to march a million miles and hour and have set changes every 1/2 count to be good? Where's the variety in that?

Really, you've GOT to see them live....you'll ####! Not that Cadets, Cavies, Crown and SCV aren't drillin' at a high level themselves but these guys are off the charts Live! Get about the 50th row in the middle and hold on! They are about to reach the point in the season when they start having fun with it...and then it goes to the next level.

I will...not until allentown though. Just gotta make do until then...

I swear, when did this board become the bandmom forum?? There is nothing more biased or ignorant than a band mom honking for their "team". I wish you would all just go form your own forum where you can talk about cupcakes and blindly hate on any corps that your spawn is not involved in. NOONE blindly hates like a band mom!

You do realize that you just made a "biased and ignorant" statement of blind hate about all mothers of corps and band members while accusing them of blind hate right? :shutup:

Not really - it's not TOO hard to judge difficulty.

The chairs are not what makes the show easier than the other corps in the top 4. I like the idea of doing something a little different in an attempt to create effect, whether it ends up working or not. Marching through the chairs makes for a cool effect similar to the intro to their 2007 program.

The drill...is just not very difficult compared to Crown/Cadets/Cavies. I don't understand how they're winning some of those visual captions. I'm not even sure they're the cleanest visually!

I am impressed with the guard, maybe DCI visual judges are too guard-centric? This has been mentioned on other threads.

Thats my belief as well. I dont mind the chairs, in fact I like them. They dont sit for long, and when they do, theyre adding a lot of body movements that are just as difficult as the ones most corps do while standing, kneeling, etc. In my, chairs are a non issue. Its the fact that the show seems like background music to an actual drum corps show...like literally it could be playing in the backround and I wouldnt even notice it...like they arent even doing anything and theyre proud of it. I dont know if that makes any sense...thats all I got for know :shutup:

This is hilarious.

If drill were the only thing that goes into visual design and judging, then no one would ever put body movement or marching effects into a show, ever.

Guess what? It isn't the only thing taken into account.

BD's drill is not the hardest...but what they are doing with the chairs and how they are integrating them into the show is a high level design concept. When people start realizing that High Score does not mean Fast Drill And Nothing Else, THEN they will understand how BD is winning the caption.

I'm not even a big fan of the show (Cadets have a better concept, IMO, but aren't executing to BD's level yet).

This is hilarious.

If drill were the only thing that goes into visual design and judging, then no one would ever put body movement or marching effects into a show, ever.

Guess what? It isn't the only thing taken into account.

BD's drill is not the hardest...but what they are doing with the chairs and how they are integrating them into the show is a high level design concept. When people start realizing that High Score does not mean Fast Drill And Nothing Else, THEN they will understand how BD is winning the caption.

I'm not even a big fan of the show (Cadets have a better concept, IMO, but aren't executing to BD's level yet).

You're talking about effect. We're talking about visual.

But IMO, harder drill is more effective than body movement, in almost all cases...

You're talking about effect. We're talking about visual.

But IMO, harder drill is more effective than body movement, in almost all cases...

No, I am not talking about effect.

The caption is not "Drill", the caption is "Visual", they do not have the same meaning.

Visual Performance not only takes into account individual marching, but individual *everything* to do with visual! Visual Ensemble is the same thing on a large scale.