Blue Devils show

So I guess I will go ahead and throw my opinion into this mix: I saw the show live at Denver, and the way I see it, the show just didn't connect with me or a lot of other people in the audience that I was sitting with. They deserve to win shows at this point because they are performing cleaner, more balanced, etc. than other corps, but I honestly just can't see this program winning at finals (which I will be at this year :whistle: ) simply because it is missing something that really connects with the audience.

And THAT was exactly what they said last year! EXACTLY! They missed Gold by the slimmest margin in DCI history, so your theory is flawed! By the way, they won in Las Vegas which was decided by audience vote, so (other than the "people in the audience you were sitting with") there are a more than a few out there sitting around you who disagree with you!

Edited by Plan9

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you probably didn't read through all 40 or so pages before posting, so here's a post I made back on page 26 that you should read.

:whistle:

OK this is driving me nuts. Got to My Controls | Options | Board Settings and change posts per topic and topics per page to the max (40). This will reduce this topic to much more reasonable 12 pages and is actually BETTER performance-wise for the server unless you are on dial-up.

/soapbox

Edited by corpsband

Wow, you are ooonnnnne bitter betsy.

LOL!!!! :whistle:

I'd advise a her/him to push away from the computer and get outside for a brisk walk! Please don't kick any dogs on the way! :unsure::sad:

And THAT was exactly what they said last year! EXACTLY! They missed Gold by the slimmest margin in DCI history, so your theory is flawed! By the way, they won in Las Vegas which was decided by audience vote, so (other than the "people in the audience you were sitting with") there are a more than a few out there sitting around you who disagree with you!

And I know there are people that disagree with me, and it probably depends on where you live too. I guess Denver just didn't have a lot of BD fans in the house that night (I saw a whole lot of Cavaliers shirts :whistle:) But that's my opinion I just don't see it as a championship show. And everyone else here is going to have a different opinion on the show, therefore I think this discussion is going to go on for a verrrry long time :unsure:

And I know there are people that disagree with me, and it probably depends on where you live too. I guess Denver just didn't have a lot of BD fans in the house that night (I saw a whole lot of Cavaliers shirts :whistle:) But that's my opinion I just don't see it as a championship show. And everyone else here is going to have a different opinion on the show, therefore I think this discussion is going to go on for a verrrry long time :sad:

Yeah, I've decided to close this thread. Have a good day! :unsure:

Yeah, I've decided to close this thread. Have a good day! :whistle:

PLEEEEESE! And soon! Bye!

PLEEEEESE! And soon! Bye!

HAHAHA

I don't have the capability of closing a thread! YET anyway! :whistle:

That may well be the case, but I'm just waiting for a year where they make it look interesting. The "it's hard but they make it look easy" argument has been floating around for a while now and in all honesty I could care less how easy or difficult their drill is.

IMO, it's boring. I'm not arguing that the Devils can't march. But rather than design such a technically challenging show and making it look so easy, why can't they switch it up for a minute or two and do something a tad easier that actually makes me poop myself. It's not like it would take long for them to clean since they're so used to doing the insanely hard stuff.

Yes.

And I think part of it is the dark uniform. Seriously. Hard to watch, hard to see.