Staying with a corps

Basically my point is, vibe is the most important thing in deciding whether to stay or leave. What the point of marching somewhere like BD or Cavs, just to get a ring when you hate everything about being there, or when there are more bad things than good. This is a horrible analogy but corps are like foods. Not everyone likes burgers and fries, not everyone likes jello, not everyone likes huge cuts of prime rib. The fact is, everyone has different tastes and may try something new, but if they don't like it they don't eat it.

If you don't like the corps why stay... its better for both sides; the corps and yourself, to be happy.

Very true, I have a friend that went to BD in '07 chasing a ring. He didn't really like it there so he quit pretty early in the season. It just wasn't for him, he still shows support for the corps and respects what they do, he'll just never march there.

It's always a good thing to be happy where you are, and as long as you don't bad mouth anyone, there's no reason to feel bad.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched, I am old, it was a huge deal to go from one corps to another. It was fairly common to stay with the same corps your entire marching career.

I have friends that are still teaching and they tell me that members tend to bounce around much more than we marched.

It is still extremely common to stay with the same corps you entire marching career.

The majority of members aren't switching corps.

It is still extremely common to stay with the same corps you entire marching career.

The majority of members aren't switching corps.

I'll agree with that. It does happen, but on a per-capita basis it's mostly an anomaly.