Phantom Guard and Cadets Percussion

I wonder if the changes in Phantom guard staff from last year to this year is being questioned now that Crown guard is way ahead of Phantom at this point plus the best guard Crown has ever had -

and

I wonder is the Cadets percussion is missing Tom at this point in the season.

Just curious.......it seems that if Phantom guard numbers came up to where Crown is they wouldn't be sitting out of top 5! Same for the Cadets percussion numbers.....down a good point of so from years past at this point keeping them over 2 total points from BD. Hard to catch up to this number, all other captions are consistant and within range.

Your thoughts!

crown's guard was way better in 07. i actually think they are having an off year, at least compared to the guards of 05-08 (maybe 06 as an exception).

as far as phantom's guard goes - their overall visual scores are low, so it's not all because of the guard. plus, it's hard to clean anything when you are getting drill changes virtually every day.

cadets' percussion is still good this year. we won't know how they really stack up until after tonight, but they are playing a very difficult book that will clean up as the summer goes on.

I can't comment much on the guard, but Cadets percussion book is incredibly demanding, and tastefully written. I think they will be top 3 in percussion when it's all said and done.

I can't comment much on the guard, but Cadets percussion book is incredibly demanding, and tastefully written. I think they will be top 3 in percussion when it's all said and done.

Ditto!! HNC Percussion spent the day with Colin and Thom Hannum yesterday CLEANING! Don't ever count them out.

I wonder if the changes in Phantom guard staff from last year to this year is being questioned now that Crown guard is way ahead of Phantom at this point plus the best guard Crown has ever had -

and

I wonder is the Cadets percussion is missing Tom at this point in the season.

Just curious.......it seems that if Phantom guard numbers came up to where Crown is they wouldn't be sitting out of top 5! Same for the Cadets percussion numbers.....down a good point of so from years past at this point keeping them over 2 total points from BD. Hard to catch up to this number, all other captions are consistant and within range.

Your thoughts!

Crowns guard IMO was better last year and didnt they beat PRs guard last year at nationals? IMO Crown should have left

a good thing alone :blink:

Crowns guard IMO was better last year and didnt they beat PRs guard last year at nationals? IMO Crown should have left

a good thing alone :blink:

Crown's Colorguard is DEFINITELY not up to par this year. The staff changes is hurting them ( which I fail to understand) and they are really causing a dent in the visual scores. The Flas are just plain dirty and not together!!! Not even close to previous crown guards!

Huh? They were much stronger in both '07 and '08 and I believe they've been outscored by Cadets' guard in every head to head matchup so far. They aren't terrible by any means, but there is a noticeable slip.