DCI mid season DVD's, they are missing the boat!

the cost isnt worth it. stick to the fan network

So then lies the question, why not offer the VOD's in a high quality format? They do not film them in a low grade, but rather they are streamed that way, I get the dvd thing and it makes sense to not do it, but you all are right, sell the vods and it would help the corps out.

Edited by ohbaby

I would not buy a midseason DVD.

I am way more bummed that they aren't selling the individual shows after quarter and semi finals. I tried to get one in 2006, and I know that they kind of exist, because I saw the show on dvd at the housing site, but they weren't for public sale. I got a close up on the 2006 quarterfinal broadcast (and secret dvd), but I had no way to acquire it. Disappointing.

Another issue is that if they keep adding audio-video products, at some point, they start to cannabilize sales of the earlier products. This would include Fan Network and finals DVDs. I understand, ohbaby, you're a die hard fan and might buy them all, but most people aren't that devoted and are operating under budget constraints that forces them to pick and choose one or two.

Better for DCI to concentrate its firepower and turn out a few really-high quality and relatively profitable products while keeping costs low. Quality over quantity.

Online is the wave of the future, and fits in better with the midseason concept anyway, because it's instant or at most delayed a few days from performance to delivery. Hardcopy sales of all media have been declining. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to add another DVD product like this.

Edited by Peel Paint