Mufreesboro

Anyone see 1987 live?

wasnt even born

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, watching Garfield in 1987 was a revelation. I saw them only at finals (semis and finals). Man was I blown away. And SCV that year also just blew me away. Two shows I will always remember. The stars were aligned that night and as you walked out of the stadium you knew life was good, there was a god, the sun would rise in the morning, and we essentially had two champions that night. :-)

Fun night...and hey, the Bluecoats made top 12 for the very first time! That as much as anything blew me away, because having grown up in the Youngstown area it was great to see a local corps do so well.

Yeah, watching Garfield in 1987 was a revelation. I saw them only at finals (semis and finals). Man was I blown away. And SCV that year also just blew me away. Two shows I will always remember. The stars were aligned that night and as you walked out of the stadium you knew life was good, there was a god, the sun would rise in the morning, and we essentially had two champions that night. :-)

Fun night...and hey, the Bluecoats made top 12 for the very first time! That as much as anything blew me away, because having grown up in the Youngstown area it was great to see a local corps do so well.

HOLY COW! That is some memory!

Hey, where in Youngstown. I grew up all over Warren and Youngstown: Bazetta, Warren, Howland, North Jackson, Youngstown, Boardman..... I used tio teach band at Rayen High School

Great description. I wish I could have been there. I wouldn't discover DCI until two years later and SCV's Phantom of the Opera, which rocked my world and made me a lifetime fan. But once I saw the '87 videos, those two shows became my favorites of all time!

Hey, where in Youngstown. I grew up all over Warren and Youngstown: Bazetta, Warren, Howland, North Jackson, Youngstown, Boardman..... I used tio teach band at Rayen High School

Austintown, OH. I graduated from Fitch in 1983. YSU grad (bachelors and masters) and now live in North Canton. Love Canton!!!

Anyone see 1987 live?

I was a rook in another corps in 87, toured with Garfield all summer. I remember counting seeing that show 18 times, including all of finals week. Fell in love with that corps that summer, and I still get a bit choked up (in a manly way) when I hear any version of Appalachian Spring.

I have enjoyed the fan network stuff so far, and I'm really pulling for The Cadets this summer. Can't wait to seem them in person next week.